CHAPTER 44

BO-YOUNG

I walk through the front door leading to Jungkook's apartment. When I walk in, I can hear Jungkook making something in the kitchen. I take off my outdoor clothes before taking the pastry bags inside.

"I return bearing gifts!" I announce as I walk into the living room. Jungkook emerges from the kitchen, smiling when he sees me. I place the two bags onto the counter in front of him. He opens the first bag, placing the two croissants onto a plate. When he opens the second bag, he looks surprised.

"Cheesecake?" he asks.

"Yes. When I was on the streets, I would drool over the cheesecake display. Now, I finally bought a slice. She offered to give me an extra one to bring back to you," I tell him, leaning on the table as I watch him unpack the cheesecake.

"How nice of her," he smiles.

"Yes, how very," I smile. Jungkook stands straight again, placing the slices of cake into the fridge. 

"We can have some after breakfast," he tells me as he returns to the frying pan. He lifts the bacon off the pan and onto the plates, where the croissants are waiting. He piles some scrambled eggs onto the plate too. He places one of the plates in front of me, placing the other one on the other side. He sits down and passes me a pair of utensils.

"So. You look like you're planning on going somewhere," I start a conversation.

"How'd you know?" Jungkook asks.

"You've been up and about all day. Knowing you, if you didn't have plans, you'd sleep in," I say with a chuckle.

"Good eye. I do have plans," he tells me.

"That's nice. Where are you going?" I ask him. Jungkook shrugs.

He eats a bit more before answering. "I'm going to a restaurant in the evening. I'm pretty excited about it," he smiles. "I'm going there with this gorgeous girl."

I freeze, looking up at Jungkook, who is dreamily looking off into the distance.

"Oh, you've got a date! That's cool." I smile. He looks at me, a smile on his face.

"You've got plans too," Jungkook says.

I can't remember having plans. Maybe I promised to meet with Taehyung. "Oh. Yes... Well, no. I don't remember making plans."

"That's because you haven't made them yet," Jungkook tells me. "So, how about it?"

"What?"

"There's this nice casual restaurant that just opened half an hour away. Live jazz, pizza, sounds amazing, right?" Jungkook says.

"It does sound nice. I'm sure she'll like it."

Jungkook chuckles. "Yeah, I'm sure you will."

"Oh... OH!" I finally realize. Jungkook begins to laugh as I let out a long wheeze, similar to the kind a balloon makes when you slowly let out the air. I cover my face with the sleeves. Jungkook is still cackling as I'm dying. "Wait!" I stop him. "You're asking me- you are- me? Asking... To- Out?" I stumble over my words as I look at him, my eyes wide. I keep hiding my red face.

"It doesn't need to be like that. We can just go out to check out this new place. Live jazz and pizza. It doesn't need to be more than that," Junkook explains calmly.

"Ah, yes. Cool. Yes," I stumble again, unsure of how to react.

Jungkook laughs at my awkwardness. "You're so cute," he chuckles.

I lift my head, not ashamed of the redness. I will use the redness to fuel my rage. "I am not cute. I will fight you, and I will win." My statement does not stop Jungkook from laughing, in fact, it makes him laugh harder.

"Stop laughing. I would annihilate you," I say, holding back a small chuckle. I know for a fact that if we were to fight, he'd annihilate me. He's a muscle pig; I wouldn't stand a chance.

"You probably would," he admits through his chuckles. I stop, looking at him surprised.

"I would?"

"Didn't you say you'd annihilate me?" he questions.

"I did, but I wasn't serious. You'd destroy me, you and your muscles."

"Maybe, but I wouldn't be able to hit you. You'd probably strangle me with a shoelace, or something creative like that," he jokes.

"How sweet," I gush exaggeratedly. "But I wouldn't ever strangle you with a shoelace. I have standards."

Jungkook smiles as he stands, placing his dishes in the sink. I do the same.

(AN: I am finally back! Don't count on regular updates, though. I've got important tests coming up, so I've got to study. I'll try to write more, though.)