Chapter 27

The first week of school rolled around pretty fast. It's now monday again and I've woken up just before my alarm. I'm sat staring at the ceiling waiting for my alarm to go off.

When my alarm goes off I jump out of bed. This morning I have my first cross country practice which I'm excited for. I head into the shower, not washing my hair because I did that yesterday.

I picked out my outfit which was a green emerald skirt and a black long sleeved t-shirt. I curl my hair and then do my makeup before heading in to get breakfast.

I make some avocado on toast for breakfast. After eating that I down a glass of water before heading back into my room. I put my black ankle boots on and then grab my bag and slip my phone in it. I grab my car keys and head into the kitchen where Allison was putting away her dishes. We say a quick goodbye to Chris before heading to school.

It was finally time for cross country. I missed running, I've gone on one run since being back in Beacon Hills and that was running back to Allison's car a couple of nights ago.

I put on some black Nile leggings and a white nike crop top. I tie up my running shoes and then head out to the running track.

"Are you avoiding me?" I hear Issac say. I turn around and see him standing there looking at me curiously. "No." I say and he looks at me unconvinced. "You weren't supposed to be there." He says and I sigh. "Issac I'm a trained hunter, I know what I'm doing." I say patting his shoulders.

Issac leans down to tie his shoe laces when the twins stand on either side of us. The whistle blows so I smile and shrug at Issac before running off.

I got off track a little, but I didn't mind. It was nice to be running again, I always forget how good it makes me feel. I run past a large large figure that I see out of the corner of my eye. I stop and make my way towards it when I see a man strangled by something against the lead.

I scream the loudest I ever have then in seconds there were people here as well. I stare at the body in shock with my hands covering my mouth. I didn't even notice the Sheriff was here till he got Stiles to move me out of the way.

I was stood inbetween Issac and Scott as Stiles hugged me covering me from the crime scene I just unravelled.  "You heard the man, nothing to see here. Probably just some homeless kid." Coach shouts. "Coach he was a senior." Scott says and Coach gasps. "He wasn't on the team was he?" Coach questions.

"Clara, we're gonna need your story. So stay around." Sheriff says and I nod. I sit down on a log and Stiles sits beside me and hugs me as I play with my necklace nervously. Definitely a new habit I picked up. Sort of like the habit to carry two guns around like Chris.

"Did you see the way the twins looked at him?" Issac says as him and Scott walk over to us. "Yeah, you mean like they had no idea what happened?" Stiles says rubbing my back in a calming manner. "No, no they knew." Issac says. "The kid was strangled with a garrote, all right? Am I the only one recognising the lack if werewolfitude in these murders?" Stiles says and I scoff and put my head in my hands. I really don't have the head for this right now.

"You think it's a coincidence they turn up and then people start dying?" Issac says. "Well no---" "oh my god just shut up the pair of you." I say standing up and walking further away from them.

"Clara, I'll take your story now." Sheriff Stilinski says making his way over to me.

"I was just running, I didn't even realise I got off track. I saw a man standing there out of the corner of my eye. I headed over to him and well just screamed and that's all that happened." I say and he nods. Stiles runs to my side once he sees me talking to his dad.  "Alright then." Sheriff says writing it down. "Dad this isn't a coincidence. " Stiles says and I groan. "Can I leave now." I say and the Sheriff nods slightly and I head back to school.