Chapter 1

Kate Argent. My mom. Shes an amazing mom to me but sometimes she looks at me and she gets upset. I don't know why, I dont understand it. Whenever I ask her about it she shuts it down and doesn't talk to me for about two days. The same when I ask about my father but other then that shes an amazing mom. Shes still quite young but if anything it means were a lot closer. I don't think I've ever kept a secret from her.

New york. My favourite place. I'm so glad I got to live there for a little while. It wasn't long it was about a year and a half. I've always loved the hustle and bustle of cities. Now though I'm moving to a little town called Beacon hills. Me and my cousin Allison are extremely close. It's been so long since I last saw her so after the constant nagging my mom she gave in. We're moving in with them and I'm so happy. I'll miss New York but as long as I get to see Ali, I'm so excited.

The drive from New York to California is a long one so I ended up falling asleep on the drive here thinking about how excited I am to see Allison.

"Mom what the hell" I say in shock as the car stops suddenly and I jolt forward. "Sorry sweetheart, go back to sleep" she says brushing a strand out of my hair out of my face. I nod and that's exactly what I did.

I get waken up again by chris placing me in his car. "Its okay Clara bear your mom is having car troubles. You can go back to sleep" he says. "I don't remember anything being faulty" I say in almost a whisper. Uncle Chris didn't answer me but just smiled at me.

When we got to the house I looked up at it shocked. "Head on up to bed Clara you have school in the morning" mom says placing a hand on my shoulder. "When you go up the stairs go right then the first room on the left is yours, right opposite Allison's" Chris says and I smile.

I walk in and head straight up to my room. The room was white with a bed in the middle of the room. The comforter was also white. You could tell this was genuinely a guest bedroom so I'm going to have to decorate it. But for now it'll do.

********

I woke up to the sound of squealing. I pick up my phone to check the time and groan. I roll out of bed and head to where the squealing was coming from.

"I hope you have the boys knocking each others teeth out for your attention" I hear my mom say as I get closer to her bedroom. "I kind of have one" she says and I gasp at the sight of Allison.

She jumps up of the bed and I hug her tightly. "Oh my god you've gotten so much prettier over this past year what's your secret" I say pulling away. "Coming from you, you changed your hair?" She questions and I nod doing a little spin.

"Do you guys need some help unpacking" Allison asks grabbing one of my moms bags. Mom grabs Allison's wrist. "Not that one" she says and I look at my mom confused. "Alright mom chill" I say and she laughs nervously. "Sorry sweetie I didn't mean to be so rough" mom smiles putting away some bags. "No worries" Allison says still smiling.

"Is everything okay with your car" Allison asks when mom walks into the bathroom. I sit next to her on my moms bed and hold her hand smiling at her. It genuinely feels so good to see her again. "Uh. Yeah I just needed a jump start that's all" mom says and I look at Allison confused. "Why did I arrive here in uncle Chris's car?" "Jump start?" Me and Allison say at the same time. "Girls enough questions go get ready for school" mom says. Me and Allison jump up and Allison takes my stuff from my moms room and helps me take it to my room.

"I'm so happy your here" Allison says and I smile at her. "Me too it feels so surreal" I say hugging her again. "Let's get ready so I can introduce you to everyone" Allison says. "And this boyfriend" I say and she blushes.

I take a quick shower. Once I get out of the shower I blow dry and curl my hair. I wanted to make a good first impression today so I'm actually putting in effort. I pulled on some blue jeans and a black long sleeved top. I tucked my top into my jeans and then did a bit of makeup. I don't like wearing too much. After applying the last strokes of my mascara I put on some black ankle boots and head downstairs for breakfast.