Chapter 14

When I got home I didn't have dinner with everyone else I just went straight up to my room. Its not as if I was hungry anyway.

I sat in my room at my vanity desk studying for a while. It was getting quite warm in here so I opened my window.

I went into the kitchen to get some Advil and water when Chris and Victoria were washing and packing away the dishes. "Theres food in the microwave if you get hungry." Victoria says and I nod and thank her. I take a few bites of my dinner but was instantly full before I head upstairs.

I go into my room and shut my door behind me. I turn around and gasp loudly when I see Stiles standing by my window scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "Clara are you alright?" Grandpa asks knocking on my door. "Yeah just stubbed my toe." I shout back and then listen to him walk away.

"You scared the hell out of me. What are you doing here?" I ask sitting at my desk. Stiles sits at the foot of my bed and plays with his thumbs nervously. "Alright, well maybe you can tell me why you said you were coming back earlier. And never did." I say turning my chair around to face him.

"I uh." He takes a deep breath. "When I left you I broke into your grandfather's office to see if I could find the bestiary. I couldn't find it then Erica came and dragged me to the pools where her and Derek were. That creature came and well yeah I was stuck there for ages. Me and Derek were in the pool and I was holding him up for hours." Stiles says and I look at him with a face of sympathy. "At least you got dressed before coming here." I say and he chuckles softly.

"Okay so now tell me why you're here." I say turning back round to my economics text book that I was currently studying from. "I didn't want you to think I didn't want to be there for you when you were upset." Stiles says. I drop my pen in shock. "But if you want me to leave. I can." I hear Stiles say. I stand up and walk over to Stiles who was heading for my window. I grab his wrist and pull him to me. I embrace him in a hug. I put my head on  his chest while my arms were around his waist. It took Stiles a minute to react. He put his arms around me and we stayed there for a while.

"Do you want to talk then?" Stiles asks and I shrug. He sits down on my bed and I take a deep breath. I run over to my door and lock it. I sit on my bed beside Stiles and he holds my hand. "You don't have to tell me anything you don't want to." Stiles says and I nod.

"I'm just having a hard day." I say shrugging my shoulders. "Why what's happened?" He asks I take my hand out of his just to play with his fingers nervously. "Well I'm getting less and less sleep and I'm just so exhausted Stiles. I'm so tired. Then on top of that me and Ally got in an argument this morning." I say sighing. "She thinks I should see a doctor but I don't want to. Then not just that I went to the game this evening. Then all I could think about was my mom. She was the last person I was there with." I say sighing and continuing to play with his hand.

"Allison is only trying to look out for you. I get where shes coming from but if you dont want to go she shouldn't force you to." He says and I shrug and put my head on his shoulder. "Then with your mom. Clara it's going to hurt it won't just disappear over night. Hell I'm still hurting but it gets better I promise you. I'll never not be here for you. So whenever you want to talk to me you can. Whether its 3am or 3pm I'm here for you Clara." He says re holding my hand.

"What did it feel like to almost drown" I ask and he rolls his eyes playfully. "Hilarious." He says and I smile.

"I drowned once." I say and Stiles looks at me shocked. "I tried to impress this boy on holiday because like wow." I say and he laughs. "I tripped and fell in the pool. Let's just say he didn't look in my direction ever again." I say whilst Stiles laughs.

"Do you miss New York?" Stiles asks and I nod my head. "Yeah. It's so peaceful compared to everything that's happened since I got here." I say.

"Did you have friends and that back there?" He asks and I nod. "I had a boyfriend and when  we broke up I just asked my mom to move then." I say and he raises his eyebrows. "What? Don't you think I can get a boyfriend Stilinski." I say and he shakes his head. "You're really pretty. Like really pretty. But I just didn't think you would have one." He rambles and I laugh softly.

Stiles decided he'd help me finish catching up on my school work. So he sat in the chair next to my vanity unit whilst I sat at my vanity unit. Lydia had given me her maths and econ notes and I've never been so grateful for it. Right now Stiles is helping me with history.

"You know. We'll go down in history for beating all these supernatural creatures." He says and I scoff. "Stiles, theres only been two." I say and he laughs. "That's lots more then what most people would see." He says and I smile at him and shake my head playfully.

Me and Stiles had stopped working and were currently talking about our plans. "Well if we make it to graduation, that would be nice." I joke and he scoffs. "We will." He says and I smile. "By graduation, I want to have found who my dad is." I say and he smiles at me sympathetically.

"Maybe I'll travel for a little before going to college." I say shrugging. We lie on our sides facing each other whilst talking. "What places would you like to go to?" Stiles asks. "London, Asia. A few countries in Africa. Mexico!" I say squealing Mexico. He smiles, "I'll take you to Mexico" he says and I smile at him. "Really?" I question and he nods. "Of course I will." He says and I smile.

"Stiles." I ask and he hums in response as we lie in my bed. My head was on his chest and he had his arm around me. "When did it stop hurting as much." I ask. "Well it never did until this girl came along. The only thing that mattered to me was her happiness." Stiles says and I smile up at him. "Lydia is a lucky girl." I say smiling. I was happy Stiles was getting closer to Lydia after all these years but I did feel some sort of pang in my chest as I heard him say those words.

I felt extremely tired and I could feel myself falling to sleep. "Out of all the people in Beacon hills, I'm glad I met you the most." I say to Stiles before falling to sleep. "Wait what do you mean by that?" I hear Stiles ask but I just couldn't answer as I fell to sleep.

When I woke up, the window was open and Stiles was no longer beside me. I felt my heart beating in my chest rapidly when there was a knock on my door. "Clara. Open up!" Allison says banging on the door.

I get out of bed and walk over to the door. I unlock it then Allison swings it open. She pulls me into a hug and wipes away my tears that I didn't know where falling down my face.

Allison looks down at my outfit and raises her eyebrows. She then walks over to the window and closes it. "Its freezing in here, why the hell is your window open?" She asks and I run my hand over my face. "Stiles came over." I say and she spins around to look at me.

I tell Allison what happened at the school and why Stiles was here. "He so likes you." Allison says and I roll my eyes. I get changed out of my clothes into my pyjamas then put my hair in a messy bun.

"Clara. I'm sorry for earlier. I didn't mean to upset you, its just no one knows what to do. You don't sleep and you get the worse headaches, we're trying to look our for you. But I shouldn't have pushed you and I'm sorry." She says and I smile. She gets into bed beside me and I hug her. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get so angry either." I say and she smiles at me.

Me and Allison sat in my bed talking for a while until she falls asleep again.