Chapter 16

Chapter Sixteen - Candles, Blankets, and Open Shirts 

- Martin's POV - 

I could not help but smirk to myself at the thought of Mads last night. Holy fuck, was just an example of the thoughts running through my head. I am still trying to process how that was her first kiss, I mean damn. A part of me felt horrible for yelling at her and false accusing her, then the other part was excited. I was excited because of everything else she still needs to be checked off of that list, and I am officially her partner. I like it. I like her. To be honest, I like her, a lot. Hell, she is hot as fuck, how could I not like her? 

"Shit," I said to myself pushing past my thoughts, looking at the time. I had missed breakfast and my first two classes, just sitting in my room playing around with my computer from a few ideas that were stuck in my head. As I sat here and debated on whether I should go or not, I still could not stop thinking about her. I had another idea that popped into my head, if I do say so myself, was brilliant. Damn, now I was really excited. 

- Madeline's POV - 

I had practically chewed into two pencils today just thinking about him. A very unsurprising fact about me is that I have no done anything too exciting in all my seventeen years of living, but last night had to be one of the most exciting things that had ever happened to me. Also, instead of feeling guilt or nervousness, it felt like there was a new found confidence in me. I had this anxious feeling inside of me that actually wanted to do something like that again. 

Even it being just a simple kiss, it was new and different. Plus, he said I could trust him and he did not push my boundaries. Although, when my back hit that tree, I felt scared, but then I actually thought it was pretty sexy on his part. There was something just so charming about him. He looked so gentle and innocent, but he was almost the exact opposite. He was interesting, smart, cute, I could go on and on, but none of those adjectives could pinpoint why I was so damn attracted to him. He was like a magnet that we pulling me towards him. 

After I had gotten back last night, Haley was passed out (much to my relief). It was also the first night I slept the whole night because I could not wait to see him in the morning. The only problem with the situation, I had not seen Martin today. Not once. 

At breakfast, I had glanced around the entire time waiting for him to show up. Though, that was not very smart because both Haley and Matthew asked me if I was looking for someone. Of course, I had to lie once again and pretend that I was just observing the whole camp. Speaking of Matthew, I have to run with him again today. Do not get me wrong, I liked Matthew and all, but I would rather spend my time with Martin. 

"Madeline," I shook my head from my thoughts and looked up to find Corey staring down at me. This was the first time someone has called me that in awhile. 

"Yes?" I asked, hoping he would not ask about Martin and I's project. Especially because he was not here and we had nothing done so far. 

"Where's Martin?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowing. Trust me dude, I am wondering the same thing.