Chapter 10

Chapter Ten - ' Lies' 

- Madeline's POV - 

"You still have my shirt," I pointed out obviously. A half smirk crossed his face. "I need it back," I then said, hoping he would remember to bring it to me. 

"Well then, let's go," he walked past me, brushing my shoulder a bit. I whipped around with my arms across my chest, confused. 

"What?" I felt like a puppy always following, trying to catch up with him. 

"Want your shirt? Let's go get it," he glanced down at me, and then back up. I noticed his smirk turned into a grin. 

"Or, you could go get it and then bring it to me?" I suggested, wanting him to agree with me. 

"Why?" There was a slight confused but mostly amused tone in his voice. It started to dawn on me that he was wanting me to go with him. Or at least, that is what I am getting at. 

"I don't know," I said shyly. Truthfully, I did not want to go because I wanted to get back. Trying to prove this whole 'not innocent' thing was making me crazy. I have no idea why, but it is bothering me in some way I cannot describe. 

"Ya scared?" He chuckled to himself whilst I looked up at him like he was the crazy one. Once he saw my face, his grin went away. "I'm not going to try anything on you, jeez," he started to laugh again. I continued to stare at him with one thought crossing my mind. What does he actually think of me? Does he see me as normal teenager or just an innocent preacher's daughter. 

"I know," I am not going to lie but a part of me wished he would do something. "But you would other girls," I stopped myself, realizing I had said that out loud. Satan just take me now. 

"Hm," was the only noise that came out of him. Had I offended him? Made him mad? All these worries filled my brain but were soon gone as we approached the familiar dorm building. We entered the elevator in silence, until I heard a deep cough emerge from him. 

"You know, I really like you," I looked up from my feet to see him staring straight ahead of him. What did he mean by that? 

"Um, thanks?" I did not necessarily know how to respond to that. Was he being serious or? 

"You're just cool and interesting," he now looked over at me, smiling a bit. Before I could say anything, the elevator dinged and opened swiftly. I stepped out with him following closely behind of me. I remembered exactly where his dorm was, so I waited for him to unlock it. As he opened the door, I just thought to myself; what the hell am I doing here? Yes, I know to get my shirt but I do not genuinely belong here. 

"Here you go," he snapped me out of my thoughts and I looked down at his extended arm. Folded quite neatly, there was my beige shirt. It probably still smelt like orange juice. 

"Thanks," I took it and held it closely to me. I looked around the room, which had gotten messier since I was last here. "Do you not have a roommate?" I motioned towards the empty bed.