Chapter 31

Chapter Thirty One - Confused or Crazy? 

- Karlie's POV - 

Three Days Ago Narration 

"I'm leaving," my eyes look up from my plate of food and travel up a defined face. Martin does not wait five seconds before he removes himself from our group. I furrow my eyebrows deeply, wondering what's he doing, because frankly, he said his words too fast. He's up to something. 

My eyes watch him as he walks further and further away. Without one more word, I breathe out heavily and stand up. I notice Kris gives me an odd look but I push her aside, ignoring her suspecting presence. 

My legs then carry myself behind his path. Thankfully, I got up quick enough so I could still see where he was. I am more than confused at this point. He doesn't even seem to have an ideal location in mind. My eyes roam around the slightly busy area of people, but I make sure to keep an eye on Martin. 

He has been acting really strange lately, now that I think about. I know everyone can have good and bad days, but Martin can just take that to a whole other level. He seems like such a different person than I knew last year - then again, if I had been through what he's gone through, I think I would be a changed person too. 

Suddenly, my eyes find and land on Madeline. I have to stop myself from rolling my eyes. Ever since that bitch came here, it seems like she is the topic of everyone's conversations. "What's the preacher's daughter doing?", "Damn, she's so hot,", "I'd fuck her." My God does it make me want to kill myself. To make matters worse, I hear one too many conversations about her and Martin. What the hell would he want to do with her anyways? 

My eyes roam back to Martin and I almost choke up on my own air. He has grabbed Madeline by her arm, a shocked look coming over her face. As my own shock settles in, I see him start to pull her behind a brick wall, lined with flowers. The amused smirk on his face was killing me. 

My feet hurriedly make there way over there and I stand on the opposite side of the wall. 

"Are you crazy?" I make out Madeline whisper harshly. I find myself leaning into the wall, as if I am trying to get closer to their conversation. 

"Yes," Martin replies shortly. "I want to do something tomorrow night and me being the gentleman I am," he pauses and I roll my eyes. "I wanted to know if you were up to do it?" he finishes. What the hell is going on? 

"Why not tonight?" she asks and I find my eyes widening from my perplexity. 

"I'm doing something tonight," he says. I can hear lack of enthusiasm in his tone. "So, you want to do it or not?" 

"What are we doing?" she asks another question and I cannot help but think in the back of my mind; have they hung out before? Please God, if you're there, do not confirm to me that these two are doing stuff together.