Chapter 23

Chapter Twenty Three - Panty Snatcher 

- Madeline's POV - 

I immediately jerked out of his grasp and he turns around quickly, a weird look on his face. I cross my arms over my chest in protest. The only thing I really feel like doing is sleeping for hours upon hours. 

"What's wrong?" he asks, his eyebrows deeply furrowing. He steps closer and I don't back up as his scent travels into my nose. The muskiness of it drives me mad (in a good way, of course). 

"I don't want to go anywhere," I whine in objection. There is that one devil part of me that wants to know what he is planning on the other hand. His head lowers, his nose touching mine slightly. 

"Please," he coos in a low voice. The same voice he always uses when he wants to get his way. "It'll be fun, I promise," a smirk resides on his mouth that is just inches from mine. My hands find their way to his shirt and I tug on it lightly. 

"I don't feel like walking," if I look up anymore, our lips would touch. Something I am actually not to opposed too. He rolls his eyes before laughing. He backs away from me and I miss the feeling of our closeness. He turns around and I stare at his back confusingly. 

"Jump," he says simply as he pats his back with his own hands. 

"What?" I say, slightly shocked at what he was telling me to do. He looks over his shoulder and gives me an amused look. 

"Don't be anymore stubborn than you already are," he says, patting his back two more times. Reluctantly, I step closer to him, putting my hands on his shoulders. 

"If you drop me," I say in a threatening tone before I hesitantly jump onto his back. His hands grip the outside of my thighs tightly and I relish the feeling. 

"I'm not going to drop you," he says and he begins to walk. I suddenly feel self-conscious about my weight and I am wondering if I am too heavy for him. Stop nitpicking yourself Mads, I listen to my subconscious, knowing she is right. After all, he does not seem to be bothered by it as he continues to walk further and further away from the campus. 

"Where are you going?" my hands loosen a little bit around his neck. My goal here is not to choke him. 

"You'll see," he replies and I start to wonder if we are even on the campus property anymore. That's how far we have been walking, well Martin has been walking. I start to laugh internally of how cliche this seems. Hell, we could be right out of a Nicholas Sparks book. 

He walks just another few minutes and soon, I see what seems to be a lake appear. Why did he bring me here? 

"We're here," he says proudly and he sets me to the ground gently. He turns to face me and he grabs my hand, this time I don't pull away. "Come on," once again, I am being dragged by Martin Garrix and I am unable to say anything. We get closer to the 'shore' area of the lake and I see that it goes on for miles and miles.