Chapter 14

Chapter Fourteen - Run 

- Madeline's POV - 

"What's that smell?" Haley asked whilst sitting down on her bad, a package in hand. 

"What?" I asked, slowly realizing what it was. Martin's cologne. Shit. I had almost forgotten how strong it was and how it was bound to leave a trail of the scent. I honestly had know idea what to tell her because all I could think about was Martin and what he said. 

"It smells, strong and musky," she looked up from the box, a curiosity in her brown eyes. I shrugged my shoulders as if I had no idea what it was. To push past the subject, I decided to ask her about the package. 

"What's that?" I motioned my head down towards the white box. It looked like it came from the Post Office. 

"Oh, it's mail, from my parents," she smiled slightly. She grabbed some scissors to slice open the tape that was keeping it together. 

"People can send you mail here?" I asked, sitting down on my bed. Just to think that Martin had me on my back on this thing just a few hours ago, made my face heat up. 

"Yup," she said opening the box, all to quickly. She picked up a piece of paper. Must have a been a letter or something. I watched her smile as her eyes scanned over the paper, making me think about something. Why would my parents not send something? Especially for how they are. Always wanting to know what and how I am doing. It was odd to me... 

"Did you not get anything?" She asked, putting the package to her side. 

"I guess not," I shook my head lightly. It just does not seem like them to do that. 

"Oh," she said as if she was expecting me to say 'yes'. "They will soon," she nodded her head lazily. 

"Not like I wanted to hear from them anyways," I half muttered, seeing a look of confusion spread across her face. Part of that was true. I came here to get away from them, not to be reminded of my hell life back home. 

"I'm gonna go take a shower," she said abruptly, grabbing a towel and some other shower essentials. She left the room, not bothering to shut the door. I was to exhausted to get up and close it, so I just stayed on my bed thinking about Martin. 

The fact that he wants to do this stuff, freaks me out. Although it does excite me that he does want to, it still scares me. What if he does end up taking advantage of me? Then Karlie would have been right no matter what. I have come to conclusion I have no idea what to do. I can either do it and possibly have a little fun with a boy, or I can pretend the list never existed and just stick to wearing shorts. It was almost as if Martin was the devil and he was drawing me towards him. My thoughts were interrupted by three knocks on the door. 

Speaking of the devil... 

"What are you doing here? Are you crazy?" My eyes widened as I stood up from my bed. Martin started to laugh, making me agitated.