Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven - New Look

- Madeline's POV - 

I sat in Haley and I's dorm for a while, sitting on the bed, rocking myself back and forth. Haley still had not returned from the cafeteria to my disappointment. I know she can be a slight pain in the butt, but as of right now, I just want someone to talk to. Back home, I would have never thought twice about somebody but the thought of liking somebody and thinking they liked you back, but never did, pained me. It was hard to admit, but there was no way Karlie was lying. 

The simple thought of Martin seemed to be glued to my brain. I could not get his face, his voice, his eyes, out of my head. The way I am handling this, tells me that I did like him. Or was starting to, at least. 

What kind of guy and his friends bet on having sex with a girl? That is so... pig like. Especially on me. The whole idea of that, disgusts me. Yes, I want to experience those things, outside of marriage or not, but I want it to be genuine. Not a 'bet'. And no, I am not suggesting that I do want to have sex with him... particularly after knowing this situation. 

Why me though? This was the only thing going through my mind. I wanted to fall asleep and forget about everything but life is not that easy. How will I be able to forgot anyways? He was so nice and gentle with me without making his sexual interest evident, most of the time... Maybe that is what he wanted though. Get me to like him and then take advantage of me. This idea now made me want to cry. 

I managed to avoid that though and got under my blankets, resting my head on the pillow. A part of me wanted to lay there and just think but another part, wanted to take a long, hard nap. Without me even realizing, I was beginning to fall asleep, with one last feeling drifting around me. 

I cannot believe how stupid I was to believe that stupid facade. 

"Mads," someone whispered close to me. "Mads..." I felt a hand land on my leg, shaking me slightly. I groaned pulling the blanket closer to me, ignoring the person. "Madeline, wake up," I could now make out that the voice was a girl. I also had a pretty good idea who it was. 

I opened my eyes slowly, adjusting to the light. As I guessed, Haley was above me, looking at me with concern. "What time is it?" I croaked out, sitting out a bit. 

"Almost five," she said, standing up from my bed. I started to panic because I had no intentions of sleeping that long. I missed my classes and lunch. Crap. Now it is almost dinner time. Damn, I had no idea I had the power to pass out like that. 

"Crap," I mumbled, rubbing my temples. 

"Are you okay?" I should have known she would ask. Should I tell her? Or keep it to myself? 

"I've been better," I admitted taking the blanket completely off of me from the sudden heat increase. She pursed her lips and I knew she wanted to know more.