Chapter 33

Chapter Thirty Three - I'm Here Whenever You Need Me

- Martin's POV -

To say that I was pissed was an understatement. I was furious. My eyes glance over the letter one more time, just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

Martijn,

More things are coming up about the accident. We cannot stall this situation any longer, you cannot stall the situating any longer. It has put too much strain on us and you're practically falling apart. Please, come home and we'll resolve this. The Taylor's just want to talk. Respect that. I love you, Martijn.

Mother.

My breathing is rugged and uneven as I crumple up the paper. I know for a fact that my mother did not send that, my prick of a father did. I know it. He is trying to get under my skin and goddamn, is it working for him. He just wants me back so another lawsuit isn't filed on them.

What happened needs to be left in the past, but no one will leave it alone. Yes, he's gone, but there is nothing no one can do about it. No amount of money will bring him back. Or time in prison, my mind adds in the back of my head.

"Fuck," I curse sharply to myself, tugging at the roots of my hair.

And the fucking nerve, he has showing up at my door this morning. He has no right to do that - and the fact that she was here, made me want to kill myself.

Her. Mads. She cannot find out, she will not find out. I will do anything to protect that from her. I can't lose another person over this. Especially someone I care about. Yes, I just admitted, I care about her. A lot. Too damn much, but I can't help it.

I can actually talk to her. She doesn't judge me. She listens to me. Not many people have done that and she makes it so easy. Quite frankly, it's freaking me out, but I'm so drawn to her, I can't stop myself. That's exactly why she cannot find out. In one story, all of that would go away. She would go away.

Fuck, I sound like such a sap. You like her. No. Yes you do. No. I. Don't. Stop lying to yourself. Fuck off. No. Fine. Maybe I do like her. So what? I've liked plenty of girls. Doesn't mean anything. She's just a summer thing. Don't lie even more. You know you really like her.

I grab the nearest thing by me and chuck it across my room. I am tired of having the inner conflicts and demons. I'm done. I need a resolution but I have no where to go. Suddenly, my mind dawns something on me. Nora.

I look around for my phone and find it in the sheets of my bed. When I pick it up, I get a whiff of her scent; vanilla and honey. It calms me and eventually, I go to her contact and press call.

The phone rings and after thirty seconds, I don't think she's going to pick up but that changes when her voice says hello in Dutch.

"Hallo, Martijn," I find it strange to hear Dutch nowadays, considering I'm not around it anymore.