Chapter 63

Chapter Sixty Three - 1+1

- Madeline's POV - 

The rest of the time we were at the party, Martin and I were inseparable. I clung onto him like he was the only one I had. Every time we talked or even looked at each other, it's like we were the only people in the room. His hand tight around my waist, my hand tight in his, I felt like the both of us were finally happy. 

The greatest thing about this, is that I finally see one-hundred percent light in Martin. He doesn't seem angry or confused, he seems truly happy. That's something I have never, ever seen completely in him while knowing him - until now. 

We were currently sitting outside, waiting on Catherine and Chase as they their finished drinks or something. Even though it was getting late, they asked Martin and I to go get drinks at a small bar, just outside of Oxford. Surprisingly, Catherine was taking in Martin well, as was Chase. Which I'm glad about considering how awkward it was when they first encountered him. 

One of Martin's arm was wrapped around my shoulder, holding me close to his chest as on of my legs crossed over his. It's as if we were both protecting each other. Protecting each other from anything that threatened to pull us apart because frankly, we were not letting that happen again. 

"Do you know where we're going exactly?" Martin asks in a low tone by my ear. I glance up to him before shaking my head. 

"Nope," I say simply, "I think they just wanted to drink something besides wine and champagne," I say sarcastically, even though I mean it completely. 

Martin chuckles beneath me and I turn my head up to look at him. He looks down to me, a smile playing on his lips. He doesn't say anything as he connects our lips together. I kiss him back quickly, one of his hands holding the side of my face steadily. One of my hands finds it way to his soft hair and I pull him closer to me, if that's even possible. 

"Oh god, ew," a sudden voice is heard to our left and we both begin to laugh against each others mouths. We pull away simultaneously and when I look up, I see a smirking Catherine. "You two ready?" she then asks, Chase holding onto her waist. 

"Yup," I smile, getting up from the bench, hand in hand with Martin. I can't ignore the giddy feeling I have in my stomach. 

Catherine, Chase, Martin and I all get a cab and Chase tells our driver the directions. Obviously Chase would know everything about Oxford and he's actually quite handy to have. The entire ride the bar, Catherine gives me playful and amusing eyes, as if she is proud of me. It takes all of me not to launch at her in the cab from how obvious she makes it. 

The bar is small and not around much, but it's quite cute. Martin's hand never strays from mine as we enter the restaurant. Everybody in this place looks like they're college kids. Thankfully there is no old, drunk men who need to go home here. 

When we get a table, Catherine and Chase order themselves beer. Martin gets a beer as well, but where I'm underaged, I'm stuck with nothing.