Chapter 27

Chapter Twenty Seven - Water Comparisons

- Madeline's POV - 

The view from my dorm was beginning to get extremely boring. The sun was bright as usual and it lit up the entire room; no need to turn on the lights at all. I had no idea where Haley was and frankly, I'm not too sure I should worry. Then again, the little things I read from Martin's journal did have me worried. 

I try my best to shake the thoughts out of my head. I peal off my dirty(ish) clothes, piling them up on the floor for now. I scan my side of the closet for once and I grab a pair of fairly skinny jeans along with a simple t-shirt. I get dressed quickly and tie my hair up, not wanting to deal with it at the moment. 

I pick up my clothes from the floor and set down Haley's skirt on her bed, while with Martin's sweatshirt and black t-shirt, I fold them neatly and set them on the edge of my bed. My bed is made neatly from where I didn't sleep in it last night and I kind of wish I had Martin's bed because it was ten times more comfortable. 

My head suddenly turns to the door and I see the door handle going up and down. First the door opens and then I see Haley burst through, a swear word emitting from her lips. She looks up and her eyes go wide. 

"Holy shit! Mads!" she exclaims running over to me, her petite frame hugging against mine. "Where the hell were you?! I was worried sick about you! And the -"

"- Haley!," I laugh, pulling away from her. "I'm fine," I say simply and a sense of deja-vu comes back to me. 

"Fuck Mads," she smiles, giggling to herself. "God don't ever pull something like that again," she says, going over to the door that she left open, shutting it with a slam. 

"I didn't know I pulled anything?" I chuckle awkwardly and she gives me an expressionless look. 

"You ran off from a damn party," her tone rises. "I know you're new to this shit, but you can't do that! I thought you had gotten kidnapped or something," I cannot help but smile towards her. 

"You sound just like Matthew," I say still with a smile. Suddenly, her face changes and she is giving me an amused look. "What are looking at?" I ask her with my eyebrows furrowed. 

"Have you talked about what happened? Last night?" she licks her lips and I know she is eager for an answer. I chew on my bottom lip, looking away from her brown eyed gaze. 

"I talked to him earlier, but I didn't want to talk about it," I shrugged my shoulders carelessly. I can feel her  stare following me as I go and sit down on my bed. 

"Why? Mads, he really likes you," she says for what seems like the twentieth time. I tug on my ponytail, not sure of how I should respond. 

"Um," I start, just as clueless as to what to say. "I'm not sure if I like him that way," I say slowly, looking back up to her.