After a while Maho grew inpatient. Everyone who had come to see her so far wanted to talk to her or ask if she was ok. Samuel said that her mind is still fragile with what Akari had said to her. Now someone had entered her room and was just sitting there not talking. Why? When she turned around and saw Edward sitting there she eyes grew soft. He was one of the people she both wanted and didn't want to see.

Maho had no desire for Edward to see her like this. So distraught and down. Full of nothing but fear and anguish. Yet at the same time it was that fear and anguish that made want to jump into his arms and cry. She was so scared. Imagining the look of disappointment on her mothers face eventually turned to imagining a face of disgust. Maho's heart was weakening from all the fear of facing her mother. The fear of learning that she was no longer loved because she wanted to help people who needed it. She was so confused.

"Why are you here Edward?" Maho asked.

"I came to see you. That's it." Edward said.

"You didn't come to talk, or ask if I'm ok? You just came to see me?" Maho asked.

Edward only nodded.

"Why?" She said.

"Why not? You're my friend, and you're hurt. I would not just leave you fend for yourself. If you want to talk I will listen. If you need help I will assist. If you need comfort I will care for you, it's as simple as that." Edward said.

Maho blinked. She then giggled and turned away again. "Then just sit there and wait for when I need something." Maho said.

"As long as it takes." Edward said. Though he hopped it would be soon so he could sleep, he would stay up all night again if need be.

For several minutes they sat silent. No talking or moving, just silence. Maho thinking about herself, her mother and sister, her team, Edward, everything. And Edward just sat still watching her. Guarding her. He knew she would talk to him eventually, so he just need to be patient. Minutes turned to a whole hour. One whole hour between the two and ne'er a word was spoken. The two only watched their respective views. Maho looking at the wall, and Edward gazing at her.

"You are without a doubt the most persistent person I have ever met." Maho said breaking the silence.

"Why is that?" Edward asked.

"You just come in and sit there and wait for me to start talking when it is quite obvious that I don't want to talk." Maho said.

"There's no need to talk. If you just want to lay there and sleep then I'll sit her till you're ready. If you want me to listen or anything else just tell me, I'm here for you right now, not for myself." Edward said.

"I'm starting to see why you Americans have made friends with most of your past enemies." Maho said.

Edward only chuckled. There was a modicum of truth to her words.

Maho gave off a loud sigh and began sitting up. She caved; Edward won. It was time to talk to him.

"What do you want me to say?" Maho asked.

"What ever you want. I'm just here to listen." Edward said.

Maho only looked at her hands, folded together on her lap. She really didn't want to talk and there for had nothing in mind to talk about. So she didn't. for another five minutes there was no talking. Just silence. Again Maho sighed and then finally spoke.