🌙67🌙

The bruising on my neck was fading but still visible. I was on the Hogwarts Express. It was nearly empty since not many students went home for the holidays. 1995 and instead of sneaking whiskey, I had a worrying father, a worrying uncle and a worrying aunt

But I'm going back to Hogwarts, I should be safe. I hope.

I was a little freaked out about the attack but all I was able to do was get better at defending myself. I wasn't expecting to get attacked by Death Eaters in my own home town.

But I learned a valuable lesson.

Expect the unexpected.

My home town was now unsafe and Tia has to put all those protections back up. 

The train stopped and I disembarked, wrapping my scarf around my neck. Thank Merlin, it's freezing.

"Jojo!" Ginny hugged me once I made it into the Great Hall. "Ron told me what happened, are you okay?"

"Not really," I sighed. "It was definitely unexpected."

"What happened?" Fred and George asked me in unison. "I was walking home, I got pushed..no shoved forcefully into an alley by two Death Eaters and this happened."

I took the scarf off and they gasped. "Couldn't talk properly for three days," I explained. "Why were they after you?" Ginny asked me.

"I'm not allowed to say," I murmured. "How were the holidays, despite the attack?" George asked me. "Honestly, not the best," I told him.

"Yikes," Ginny muttered. "Sorry."

"It's okay."

***

I walked into the common room that night to see Hermione reading. "Hug for best friend?" I asked her.

"Joy! You're back!" Hermione hugged me tightly. She let go of me and saw my bruised my neck. "Oh my goodness what happened?!"

"Harry didn't tell you?!" I was quite shocked that he didn't say anything. "Didn't he read the letter I sent him?"

"I don't think he did," Hermione sighed. "Ron did though. What happened?"

"Two Death Eaters with wands, one teenager without one," I groaned, sitting down. "I just went to the shop, at least I learned a valuable lesson, expect the unexpected..how did they even know where I live?! I should be glad I was far away from the cabin."

"You're at Hogwarts now, you're safe," Hermione reassured me. "They're reinstalling the protection spells, fortifying the place," I grumbled. "Even more than it used to be. Tia told me the wards are life linked, they'll stay up as long as one of us is alive but the spell is going to take ages. So, we're moving to London temporarily in the summer."

"Really?"

"They didn't find the house but that's supposed to be the safe house, so we have to evict so it'll stay safe."

"To where?"

"I don't know, I don't wanna move. I don't want to live in fear of them, did they try to kill me? Yes. Will they try again? Most likely. All I can do is be prepared for the next attack."

"You think they'll try again?"

"You think they won't?"

Hermione sighed and sat down. "What if Skeeter sees that?"

"Then I'm fucked and she'll release some bullshit story about me, unless I put a Charm up," I thought. "So, yes or no?"

"Huh?"