🌙34🌙

I made it back to the carriages on time, thankfully. But what I feared the most was facing Harry. I didn't know how to comfort him. I couldn't say anything to make him feel better, apart from the unutterable fact that none of it was true.

I fixed my blue beanie on my head and I sat in the carriage. "Joy?" Hermione tapped my knee. "You okay? This thing affects you too you know."

I just nodded. "I don't really remember Godric's Hollow, I didn't think Harry and I really grew up together, I knew his parents were my godparents but I didn't know I lived with them or that I was there...can we change the subject, please?"

Ron nodded, not bringing it up.

I didn't go to dinner that night. The Christmas holidays were officially beginning so I'd be able to visit Sirius without worrying too much.

I started to wrap the presents I had bought with a spell I learned last year. I moved my wand in a bow shape to wrap them. I realised I still had the map, the one Harry got from Fred and George.

I sat on my bed and just stared at it. I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and I picked up my wand. "Revelio," I tapped the parchment and several messages appeared on it.

Mr Padfoot would like to say nice try!

Mr Moony would like to point out that Mr Padfoot is not helping at all and encourages Miss Jones to make a promise to cause mischief

I widened my eyes at the parchment. "I thought this was a map?"

Mr Prongs would like to tell Miss Jones that he is ecstatic to see his goddaughter and asks her to promise that she is up to no good.

I smiled at that bit. "Uh I swear I'm up to no good?"

Mr Moony would like to tell Miss Jones that she's so close, she has to solemnly swear it.

Mr Prongs agrees and would like to dub Miss Jones as Moony Junior.

Mr Moony would like to tell his bundle of Joy that in order to hide our secrets, she must manage her mischief

"Alright, lemme try again," I sighed. I picked up my wand and pointed it at the map. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs, Purveyors of Aids to Magical Mischief-Makers are proud to present the Marauders Map

I propped myself up against the headboard and helped myself to some of the honeycomb chocolate while I looked at the map.

I was astonished to find that this was literally telling me where everybody was in Hogwarts. "This is bloody brilliant!" I grinned. Once I saw Hermione coming I got my wand out. "Mischief managed."

Hermione came in as I popped another square into my mouth. "Is Harry okay?" I asked her. "Ron's talking to him," she told me.

She bit her lip and then opened her mouth as if she was going to say something but shut it. "What's wrong?" I tilted my head. "Well, I don't know if I should tell you this," she murmured. "Tell me what?" I asked her, genuinely worried.

"Well, you're not the only werewolf in the school, Professor Lupin is one too," Hermione mumbled. "It's okay Mione, I already knew," I admitted. "Does he know you know?" she wondered.

"He knows that I know but I don't think he knows that you know," I explained. "Best to keep it on the hush hush."

"Honestly, Snape is an awful person, I thought he was trying to expose you but he was trying to expose him," Hermione grumbled. "I think he was trying to expose both of us," I sighed, bringing my knees up to my chest and resting my chin on top. I started drinking the water on my bedside table.