🌙31🌙

Well, I'm glad to say that Lupin restored my faith in Defence Against the Dark Arts, it was my favourite subject once again, despite the Boggart.

Divination was tedious. Harry's death was being predicted all the time, which annoyed him deeply. But Snape in a dress always made him laugh, despite the fact that Snape found out. He hated Neville and Lupin.

Care of Magical Creatures wasn't that exciting anymore after the Hippogriff incident.

I always went to Lupin's office on Fridays and we just talked. We played chess a few times but I was very bad at it. "Checkmate," Lupin smirked. "I'm terrible at chess," I pouted. "Never won a game in my entire life."

"What are you good at then?" Lupin asked me. "Quidditch," I told him. "Anything that doesn't involve a broom?" Lupin raised his eyebrow.

"I don't know, I didn't do a lot of activities as a kid, I was kind of a loner, I practiced a lot of combat spells from spell books I found in the homes. Stole one of the older kid's wands," I mumbled. "Which position do you play?" Lupin wondered. "Chaser was my best one but according to Oliver Wood, I have the perfect build for a Seeker," I told him.

"Joy, do you know why I'm doing this?" Lupin asked me. "To distract me, the less I think about the full moon, the easier the pain will be if it comes," I answered him.

Lupin nodded. "Born werewolves haven't existed for a long time...hang on did you say combat spells?!"

"I get bored," I told him.

"Born werewolves are unpredictable," Lupin stated. "Well, it's a good thing I can't turn," I pointed out, sipping the hot chocolate Lupin had made me. "This is really good."

"Do you....ever wonder about your father?" Lupin asked me. "All the time, he's not allowed contact because he was declared unfit because...he's like me, which is bullshit, if the Ministry didn't have their heads up their butts, I wouldn't have to deal with those crap homes in the first place."

"Werewolves can't make a living, Joy," Lupin sighed. "They can't take care of themselves, let alone kids." 

"You think I would have been better off?" 

Lupin sighed. "With your aunt, yes, she's a responsible adult who has a job and a home. In those places? Definitely not. How many were you in?" 

"Seven," I laughed. 

***

I walked towards the Whomping Willow the following Saturday night. I picked up a rock and threw it at the knot as I had left my wand behind by accident. The tree froze and I made my way through. Once I walked into the Shrieking Shack, I found a big black dog sitting by the bed.

I jumped out of my skin, knowing that this could be the Grim. It was pretty disturbed too, it looked shocked to see me. "Hey, boy, you're not gonna kill me, are you?" I muttered nervously.

The dog tilted his head to the side. "Look, I'm gonna start screaming in agonising pain so you might want to get out of here," I warned the dog. I lay down and the dog curled up beside me. The dog rested his head on my stomach.

It'll be alright

I heard his voice in my head. "What the hell?"

The pain wasn't coming and he wanted to stay, he didn't want to leave me on my own.

It's alright Joy, it'll be alright

"Who..who are you?"

I couldn't keep my eyes open as I soon fell asleep.