🌙18🌙

Defence Against the Dark Arts was getting more unbelievable. Lockhart was getting more ridiculous and forced poor Harry to act out some of it.

But the last full moon was awful. No one was there, I was alone and in extreme pain.

I wasn't paying attention, just staring at the scratches on my arm. I was actually writing another letter to my dad, as I promised.

Dear Dad

Last full moon was in the Shrieking Shack. I kinda hurt my arm by digging my fingernails into it. It's only a couple of small scratches, nothing serious.

I'm well enough to play against Slytherin tomorrow. I'm looking forward to wiping that smug smile off Malfoy's face.

Sorry about Biscuit, he's annoying but lovable.

Nothing's new but everything's good. Wish me luck!

Joy

Hermione managed to charm Lockhart into giving her permission to go to the restricted section of the library.

"Come on, he's a brainless git," Ron insisted. "He is but this time it was used to our advantage," I pointed out. "He is not a brainless git," Hermione scolded us.

"He is," me and Ron said in unison while Harry laughed in agreement.

"First Quidditch match tomorrow!" I cheered. "Does your aunt know?" Harry asked me. "Yeah but Tia's on the field and my dad's somewhere in the world."

"You don't even know your dad's name?" Ron widened my eyes. "The only thing I know is the furry little problem and that he was in Gryffindor while he was here, that's it," I shrugged.

"Tell you what, after we see if this chamber exists or not, we fill in the other half of your family tree," Hermione promised me. "Thanks," I smiled. "Now, how do we make the potion of Polyjuice?"

"Don't be cute," Hermione grumbled as she copied down the procedure. "It's difficult, we'll have to steal these and we need a bit of the person we're changing into."

"Ew," I shuddered. "It'll take about a month to brew," Hermione sighed.

"Harry, Joy, can one of you knock Malfoy off his broom?" Ron pleaded with us.

***

"Slytherin might have better brooms but we have better people!" Wood encouraged us.

I pulled on the scarlet robes and took a deep breath. "Harry, make sure that git doesn't catch the Snitch, whatever it takes," Wood instructed him. The weather was horrible, rain everywhere.

I mounted my broom and flew onto the pitch. We were ready for the match to start.

It was proper war for the Quaffle. The Slytherins were barrelling into us.

I managed to pass the Quaffle to Angelina but a Bludger headed right for her, making her drop the Quaffle.

"TIME OUT!" Fred called. Me, Angelina and Katie flew down to see what was happening.

"What's going on?" Wood demanded. "That Bludger is fixed! It keeps going after Harry and no one else!" Fred exclaimed.

"I'll deal with the rogue one, get back to the game," Harry said. "This is madness, Harry! Wood, you can't do this!" I shouted.

"This is your bloody fault!" George pointed at Wood.

"Ready to keep playing?" Madam Hooch asked us. "Just be careful, Harry," I mumbled.

"You too," he responded. We went back to the game and Angelina tossed me the Quaffle. I was flying towards the goal and I threw it to Katie. Flint blocked her and she threw it back to me and I pelted it and it went through the hoop.

"YES!" the Gryffindors were cheering.

I looked to see Harry on the ground in pain and I flew down immediately.

I jumped off the broom and knelt next to him, soaking wet. He showed me the Snitch and smiled at me. His smile faded once Lockhart came. "Oh, make him go away!" he begged me. "Don't worry, Harry, I'll fix that arm," Lockhart promised him.

"Professor, he needs to go to the hospital wing," I insisted. "Nonsense, Jones," Lockhart brushed me off and pointed his wand at Harry's arm.

His arm suddenly flopped down and I gasped. "Well, at least the bones aren't broken."

"You're joking, right?!" I demanded. "Come on Harry."

I pulled him up and the two of us headed towards the hospital wing. "I'm just glad he's not with you on full moons," Harry whispered to me.

I let out a small chuckle. "I guess that's true."

***

"You should have come straight to me!" Madam Pomfrey fumed. "Sticking up for him now, eh Hermione?" Ron grumbled.

"Anyone can make a mistake," Hermione mumbled. "Hermione, he had no idea what he was doing," I pointed out. "Now Harry has to regrow his flipping bones! The numpty!"

"You'd better not be calling me a numpty!" I heard Harry shout. "You're not a numpty, Harry," I called back.

"Numpty?" Hermione frowned. "It's a Scottish thing, my family was raised in Scotland," I explained.

I sat down next to Harry and squeezed his hand..that had bones in it. "I'd never call you a numpty, unless you were acting like one," I told him. "Thanks, Joy," Harry smiled at me.

"So..how did Malfoy hex that Bludger?" Ron wondered. "Add that to the list," I mumbled. "So, you two will be obviously changing into Crabbe and Goyle but who will Hermione and I change into?"

"Doesn't Pansy Parkinson despise you?" Hermione laughed. "Oh yes," I rolled my eyes. "Because Snape sided with you that one time in Potions?" Ron burst out laughing.

"Well, she's stupid, not my fault I'm better at Potions," I grinned. Fred and George suddenly came running in and were cheering.

They had cake and sweets with them and dumped them onto Harry's bed. "Harry, Joy, you should've seen Flint screaming at Malfoy," they laughed.

"Screaming?" I had a big smile on my face. "The Snitch was literally right next to Malfoy's head," Harry added.

"All of you! Out!" Madam Pomfrey ordered. I pecked Harry on the cheek, making him blush. "Get well soon."

***

That night, Biscuit was waiting on my bed, with a letter strapped to his leg. "That was quick," I laughed.

I untied the string and gave him an owl treat. "Go play with Hedwig."

Biscuit flew away and I opened the letter.

Dear Joy

I'm sorry to hear that the full moon was bad for you. I hope you didn't hurt yourself too bad. On the other hand, I heard Gryffindor won the match and you scored the winning goal. I'm so proud of you.

But, I've heard about the attacks at school. Dumbledore is keeping me informed. Promise me you'll be careful. I don't want you getting hurt.

Dad.