🌙3🌙

"Joy! Come on!" Ron yelled. "We're gonna be late for our flying class."

He joined me looking at the trophy case and saw I was looking at the Quidditch Cup from 1976.

"Your mum?" Harry asked me. "She was a Chaser on the Hufflepuff team, captain for the last three years," I told Harry.

"Everybody stand by a broom," Madam Hooch ordered. "Hold your right hand over the broom and say 'Up!'"

"UP!"

Mine flew into my hand immediately, as did Harry's, as did Malfoy's. Jones blood was made for Quidditch.

"Now, when I blow my whistle, kick off from the ground, hard," Madam Hooch instructed us. "Keep your brooms steady, rise a few feet and then come straight back down by leaving forwards slightly. On my whistle.."

Before the whistle could even go off, Neville rose from the ground and he shot up like a bullet.

We watched as Neville was unable to control his broom. He slipped off it and hit the ground.

Madam Hooch ran over to Neville and she helped him up. She then turned to us as she was leading him away. "None of you move while I take Mr Longbottom to the infirmary. If I see one broom in the air, you'll be out of Hogwarts quicker than you can say Quidditch."

I clutched onto my broom tightly, hoping that Neville would be okay, but a little disappointed that I didn't get a chance to fly. I tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Did you see his face?" Malfoy cackled. I turned my head towards him. "Shut up Malfoy!"

"Ooh, look at Jonesy, sticking up for Longbottom," Goyle taunted me and I glared at him.

"Look, it's the fat lump's Remembrall," Malfoy picked it up from he ground. "Give it here, Malfoy!" Harry ordered.

"I'll leave up a tree, that way he'll remember not to lose it," Malfoy laughed. He mounted his broom and flew away.

I was about to go after him but Harry held his arm in front of me. "I'll go," he said and mounted his broom. "Harry, you'll get into trouble!" Hermione warned him but he ignored her. I went over to Ron as the two of us watched Harry and Malfoy's scuffle in mid-air. "Wish I could hear what was going on," I said to him. Harry suddenly dived after the Remembrall and caught it in his hand. "YES!" I cheered, jumping up and down, along with Ron.

Harry landed on the ground and me and Ron ran up to him. "How did you manage to catch that?" Ron was dumbfounded.

"Harry Potter!"

Professor McGonagall looked shocked beyond belief. "It wasn't his fault, Professor," I immediately piped up.

"Be quiet, Miss Jones," she scolded me. "Come with me, Potter."

Harry reluctantly followed her and Malfoy and his goons were laughing. "Potter's in trouble now!"

Ron and I went to the Great Hall, fearing that Harry would get detention or get points taken from Gryffindor.

***

"You don't think Harry would get expelled, do you, Joy?"

I looked up at Ron, shocked once I shovelled in a forkful of pie. "No! Don't be ridiculous! They're not going to expel him."

I looked up in the doorway to see Harry sprinting his way over to us. "In fact, there he is now."

"Ron! Joy!" he sat beside me, exhilarated, bursting to tell us what had just happened between him and Professor McGonagall.