🌙35🌙

"How you doing over there?" Sirius asked me as I was curled up in a ball, coughing up dinner. "Shit," I told him. "You got the swearing from your dad, foul mouth he had back in school," he laughed.

The moonlight shone through the window and I threw up violently into the bucket. 

Sirius changed into his dog form and stayed by my side. I heard him whining. I knew what he was trying to do.

Joy, calm down

I heard his voice. I heard him!

"I can hear you," I told him. The pain suddenly became so overwhelming that sleep had taken over me.

"Joy! Joy! Joy!" someone was shaking me. I opened my eyes slowly and my head hurt a lot. "Oh, bugger." I could see the sun starting to rise, must have been out for a while.

"Oh, thank Merlin!" Sirius pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly. I nuzzled my head into my shoulder. "What happened?" I asked him. "You passed out, Merlin, I thought I'd have to drag you to Hogwarts in my Animagus form."

"This is so annoying," I sighed. "Part of me wishes I didn't have this, then I wouldn't be such an inconvenience...

Sirius looked like as if his heart had just broke in two. "You're not an inconvenience, Joy, you're a sweet, kind, clever and caring girl."

I hugged Sirius tighter and I was really glad that I had him in my life. "Thanks for being here."

He kissed the top of my head and helped me up. "Are you alright?"

"Little woozy but that's normal, starving though. I need pancakes."

"I'll see you soon Joy, take care of yourself okay?"

"I will."

***

"Expecto Patronum!" the strong silver light came out of my wand but it hasn't taken a true form. "Bollocks!"

"Language!" I heard Hermione scold me. "Sorry," I mumbled. "Joy, that's really impressive magic," she praised me. "Thanks for sticking around with me, I know it's not easy being in the middle of this."

"It's okay," I said. "Can I ask you something, Mione?"

"Sure."

"How are you getting to your classes when you have three at once?" I wondered, trying to think of a happy memory.

"We all have our skeletons," Hermione told me. "Really? Being cryptic?"

"I'll tell you why, if you tell me why you sneak to the Shrieking Shack when it's not a full moon."

"Touché, I just like going there, sometimes I need time to myself, I go there for peace and quiet."

Hermione eyed me suspiciously. "I'll get it out of you one day, Jones."

"Yeah and Malfoy will date the both of us," I laughed. "Thanks for the mental scarring," Hermione shuddered. "You seem to be more comfortable around Crookshanks."

"He's not that bad I guess," I told her. "Expecto Patronum!"

Still non-corporeal. "Dang it!"

"You're getting there, Joy," Hermione encouraged me. "Thanks, think I've had enough for today."

I sat down beside her. I pulled out my chocolate and helped myself. "This is the true Elixir of Life," I laughed. "Hey, Joy. Hey, Hermione," Ginny sat with us.

"Hey, Gin," we greeted her. "It's really relaxing here," Hermione told us. "Indeed," I leaned against the tree. "Yes indeed," Ginny smirked.

I took a flask out of my bag with hot chocolate. "Anyone want a swig?"