Rhaenar frowned, offended by his question. "Yes, it's necessary Aegon. Just because the war is won, doesn't mean there won't be threats. Everyone knows how important Dothraki culture is to me, the bells and plaits show what I've won, what I've achieved to be here."

His brows rose. "I'm just saying..." He murmured. "If it is getting you stressed, is it worth it?" This whole thing was causing her to be snappy, shouting at the maids, being short with him... It wasn't like her.

Rhae's shoulders slumped. "I just want everything to go well, Egg. This is me being pristine about how we present ourselves, the newest generation of Targaryens. We have a reputation to uphold." Egg snorted, but let it go as he pulled free one of the bells, setting it into the dish with what looks like a hundred more. He wouldn't be winding all of those in.

"They will love you, and I know they will because I love you." The statement drew the indigo up, settling on his face as his eyes had chosen to focus on his hands.

"Do you mean that?" Rhae asked, her voice lower as she watched for any hint of lies.

He nodded. "You know I mean it, I've been nothing but honest with you since the moment we met. I bared my intentions." His intentions were to marry her, to strengthen her claim if ever it was questioned. "You said in the council chamber you knew who you wanted to marry, were you speaking truth?"

"Wholly." Their eyes met as he glanced up. "The war has kept me busy for many months, and I've deflected any form of attachment from anyone." Rhae said cryptically. "Mero's death crushed me in a way I never thought possible, and keeping it locked in steel has prevented me from losing myself." Rhae had been strong through all of this, through every death she faced. "But I know what's expected of me, what I have to do."

"And that's take a husband?" Aegon questioned.

Rhaenar nodded. "My gender alone will never satisfy the Lords fully, but to have a male alongside me that can appeal to them on a more... understanding level..." She wasn't entirely sure if that was the correct way to put it. "It helps keep me on the Throne."

The air grew hushed around them, their eyes never wavering. "So who is it you decided upon?"

"Do you remember Meereen? Why you came, what you were there for?" Because he wanted to help his sister, to take revenge on the Kingdom that threw them to the dogs, and to strengthen her claim through...

"You want to marry me?" His hands stopped as he dropped the braids, a tension growing as they fell to her arms.