lxxx.

Rhaenar had never felt rage like it, the fury filling her bones at the sheer thought of Aegon Targaryen sitting in her city, and the words of Tywin Lannister

Rhaenar had never felt rage like it, the fury filling her bones at the sheer thought of Aegon Targaryen sitting in her city, and the words of Tywin Lannister. She should have been happy that another Targaryen had been revealed, that her nephew was walking the streets. He was a piece of Rhaegar, someone to help heal the divide that had settled along Westeros. But, she would lose everything with his mere presence alone. Rhaenar may have never wanted the throne, but she wanted to help people; that was her driving force and what better way to help people, than by ruling them.

As she hovered on the steps of the pyramid, she gazed over all that they had achieved; the Golden Company, the Unsullied, the Second Sons, the Dothraki... They fought for her because they believed the same thing that Rhaenar did. Aegon stood with one hand on a wooden beam, his midnight blue eyes staring up at her. Everywhere she had turned, he seemed to be there; those deep blue eyes burning her as she watched him.

He never smiled, he always kept his distance, she didn't understand it. Rhaenar had come to learn through the whispers of her advisors that he had brought with him ships, and an army of 10,000 men; a sellsword company named the Firebornes who he had united under his rule after slowly taking over smaller companies. "Your Grace, what is it you wish to do about sailing to Westeros?" Ser Barristan asked her as he lent forward, one arm resting on the table.

"What is there we can do? The sails are being painted as we speak, the ships modified to accompany larger numbers, and provisions acquired to feed everyone." She'd turned the small number of fishing sized boats that they had previously had, into ships that could carry 200 men and their horses at one time. Their numbers having dropped drastically from 13,000 to a healthy 650. The size that they had now.

His blue eyes seemed to watch her for a moment. "We will be landing at Dragonstone?" She nodded. "You'll need to begin to think about your moves from there."

She looked around, biting down on her lip. Rhaenar didn't know where to go from there, what her next move would be. She supposed it would be allies. "What would you suggest Ser Barristan? What would you do?"

He was blown away, his brows rising. "Secure Dragonstone, discover the weaknesses of your enemies, and write to the Lords of Westeros." That seemed reasonable.

Securing Dragonstone should be easy, it was her ancestral home and she had a large army if there was resistance; weaknesses of her enemies would rely on little spies, and writing to the Lords would be easy as Rhaenar was young and had secured a tie with Dorne and the Iron Islands.