cxxx.

Promise me you will read regardless of the last line, because it is the second to last chapter before they divert into the endings. Also 200k reads, thank you 🥺

 Also 200k reads, thank you 🥺

Rhaenar knew she had a lot riding on this, that lives were at stake as her hands tightened on the chain, her body pressed closer to Leirion's. They needed this to go well, to actually succeed in getting the Iron Throne. Rhae glanced over, looking to Aegon as he nodded, his own armour shining brightly against the sun as Rhaegal stood just behind him. It would be the three of them, controlling what they could from the sky, and aiding the men below them as best as they could.

The force of the wings rippled at the water, forcing the waves apart as the three dragons soared over the water edge, drawing closer and closer to King's Landing. The Crownlands were clinging to the edge, creeping closer still as they used the rocky landscape to their advantage. Aegon veered right, taking Rhaenys with him as they continued on to approach King's Landing, leaving Rhaegal and Rhaenar to handle the fleet first before moving on to the defences. Leirion took them towards the Crownland ships, hidden by two raised hills in the centre of the bay that cut Blackwater from the sea.

Rhaenar sat up, her eyes searching the sails for the seahorse. Passing crabs, swirls, and stars; they soared between the number of boats before coming to the fluttering sails of the teal, the Seahorse proudly standing in the centre.

The hatted man waited, one leg crossed in front of the other as he lent over the side, arms resting on the bannister. Rhae smiled at Aurane. "Are you ready to move in?" She asked, shouting across as Leirion hovered just shy of the boat.

The pale haired bastard nodded. "Just need your signal." He said, cheerful as he rose up.

"This is the signal." She teased, Leirion readying to move once more. "Stay safe out there."

Her eyes locked onto Arya and Sandor, their bodies rigid as they watched across the water, muttering between themselves. Their eyes were crossed with the same red that bore the men from the Crownlands, and those that hopefully sat on the other side bore the mark to identify them against the other half of the Lannister army and the Stormcrows.

The pair would be one of the few that would accompany Rhaenar into the Keep, who would follow her through until they reached the Throne Room. They nodded to one another before Leirion forced himself up, taking them almost vertically as the Greyjoy fleet grew in size.

She knew her army was standing outside the gates on two sides, stretching Cersei's loyal followers thin as they had to defend not only the Keep, but the city, and the walls. They wouldn't be prepared for the men that would rise up from the bottom.