xlii.

Rhaenar hadn't left her room for the past few days, avoiding any one and every one by keeping the Unsullied at her doors

Rhaenar hadn't left her room for the past few days, avoiding any one and every one by keeping the Unsullied at her doors. Her decision from the council room the other day hadn't been easy for her, the prospect of actually being styled as Queen made it difficult for her. She knew Dany had sat outside several times wanting to talk to her, but every time she refused entry, letting the Unsullied form some sort of lie as to why she may not be able to come to the door or let her in.

Rhaenar remained slumped on her bed, robe wrapped around her from her bath just moments before and Meereenese chocolates in a bowl to the side. She was pouting, she knew she was but she didn't want to change. Rhaenar didn't even let Mero in to see her, and he was livid; she could hear his shouts all the way from the hallway. She laid back, staring up at the tapestry that hung above her bed.

She didn't understand the scene but there was some form of man fighting against the others, before twisting into some scene of animals. "Rhaenar Targaryen, you better have a good excuse to be avoiding your duties as Queen!" She shot up, hand gripping her robe as she looked to the side, Missandei's murderous face glaring down at her.

Rhaenar squeaked, scrambling away. "Missandei." She said softly, Grey Worm flanking Missandei. That's how she got in, she used Grey worm. "What are you doing here?"

Missandei's eyes shortened with her, gathering those blue skirts in hand. "You have an audience prepared for you; as a Queen you need to speak with them, let them know that their needs are being heard and met."

Rhaenar sighed, collapsing back down. "This is your doing?" She asked nicely, a little groan in her voice.

Missandei nodded, coming to sit beside her. "Yes, as the first duty of my new role, Speaker of the People." Rhaenar was proud for her, but that didn't raise the desire she had to leave her room. "So get yourself up, and meet us there or I'll send Mero in." Rhaenar groaned again. She couldn't face him, too many questions about what would be happening and all with answers she didn't have.

For once, she just needed him to be a complete brute; forget everything and do three things men usually strive for; fucking, loving, and fighting - unless of course, they were the Unsullied. Missandei sighed, seeing her approach wasn't helping as Rhaenar looked as though she wished to be a million miles from here. "These people need you, Rhaenar; and right now, I think you need them."