cxvi.

Rhae didn't know how she had managed to let Jorah convince her to meet Sansa Stark, but as she walked towards Lady Sansa's rooms, nerves settled inside

Rhae didn't know how she had managed to let Jorah convince her to meet Sansa Stark, but as she walked towards Lady Sansa's rooms, nerves settled inside. Rhaenar had been wound tight by her words, by some of the slights made to her not only by Sansa but by the Northmen too; and now Rhae was heading straight into her den. She didn't want to seem unfair - or be unfair, but one way or another, it would come across that way because their interests conflicted.

She came to her open door, hand hesitating on the wood as she looked in. Sansa was talking to one of the Lords from the Vale, the two standing before her as they kept the smiles from their faces. This would be harder than Rhaenar thought as she pushed a smile to her own face, keeping her hands placed delicately in front of her. "Lady Sansa, do you mind if we talk? Alone?" Sansa and the Lord nodded to one another, before he left, Sansa's gaze returning to Rhaenar as she waited.

Lord Royce bowed, before slipping past her eyes dropping to the ground before quickly flicking back up. A tense atmosphere had taken the room, the rays of the sun doing nothing but casting longer shadows through the room as Rhaenar stepped in.

Lady Sansa was a tall woman, someone who commanded power as she held herself with her back straight and arms crossed behind her, chin raised. There was a sense of knowing she was better than anyone in the room, knowing that with the ocean blue eyes she could sense what a person was thinking. By the raising of a pink lip, Sansa had already sussed her out, she knew that Rhaenar radiated a particular nervousness but was unsure why.

Rhae felt like a child, about to be scolded by her tutor for failing to understand her work or being able to answer a question. She tried desperately to swallow it, to try install a strength in herself. "I'm sorry for interrupting you, it's just I think we should talk, we haven't properly met one another - only formal introductions..." And Jon had told her that Rhae could be intimidating because of what she had achieved. Three dragons and an army at her beck and call was intimidating when she barely reached the shoulders of those around her.

Sansa's brow rose. "Talk?"

Rhaenar nodded, stepping in further before stopping shy of the table, her hand finding the back of the cool, leather chair. "I thought that yesterday, you and I would see eye to eye on Ser Jaime, about his placement here."

"Brienne has been loyal to me, always. I trust her more than anyone." Trust. Rhaenar trusted people, not very far, but she did trust them.