liv.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their lovely comments again and that people read this book and vote for it, and I love seeing how excited and all the different theories you guys have. Honestly, it's always so heartwarming to see. So, ily. 

Also, the houses in Game of Thrones tend to have themes and stuff; so I guess if Rhae would have one it would be Vanishing Point by Ramin Djawadi. I added it, if you wanted to listen to it and idk, maybe at some point I might make a playlist and like a 'blooper' chapter. 

Rhaenar's eyes fell to the pin in her hand, a gift for her guilt as she turned the silver piece this way and that way

Rhaenar's eyes fell to the pin in her hand, a gift for her guilt as she turned the silver piece this way and that way. Over 20,000 pins had sat within large hessian sacks, the discovery only being found as one of the crewmates looked for potatoes. She could see the card that lay on top, her hand having grasped it before throwing it off board, the contents pushed to the back of her mind. The other ships carrying the Golden Company all with the same gift as they docked for a moment on the river bank in Norvos.

The black dragon with silver scales, two ruby eyes shining out. They were for every member of her army, every person that dared to stand behind her to wear like a proud symbol. She could see them pinned already to the Golden Company's cloaks, fastening them in place to their chest plates. "Are you going to tell me where you were?" Mero asked as he spotted her sitting at the window, her eyes gazing out at the river; fingers rolling that dastardly pin back and forth over and over again.

Rhaenar broke her daydream, sparing him a glance before looking back out. "I've been on the ship the whole time."

He sighed, moving closer. "You know that's not what I mean."

"Then say what it is you do mean." Mero watched her, the same cool facade slipping over her face. It had been like this for the whole month they had been at sea, Rhaenar dodging every question he threw her way, and at times, even dodging him. Daenerys had done something to her, the betrayal had changed her into a cold figure.

"You weren't at that Purple Harbour all of the day; I knew, because I had scoured that place." She didn't freeze, she didn't even look bothered as she gazed out. Was she pretending he wasn't there? "So, I'll ask you again, where did you go?"

Her head turned a millimeter or so. "Does it matter?"

He sighed, exacerbated as Mero took a step closer. "It matters to me. You may not feel it, but I love you, Rhaenar Blackfyre; and I know this isn't you."