cxxv.

Roast Dinner Sunday. Serving flame grilled wolf, and a side of protectivedad!Barristan. 

All eyes widened as they fell upon the Prince of the Seven Kingdoms, the one who had remained silent as he trailed alongside his sister

All eyes widened as they fell upon the Prince of the Seven Kingdoms, the one who had remained silent as he trailed alongside his sister. After weeks of cautious glances, and careful glares; Aegon stood before them all, no hint of hesitation now as he spoke. "You are too good for such a Kingdom." He uttered aloud, not caring for where the chips fell as he bent, pressing a kiss to her cheek and straightening himself. "What a waste of beauty and strength, to be underappreciated by the very Kingdom that owes you such a debt."

Grumbles slipped from the crowd, her eyes unable to meet those of the Northerners who had lost such respect with one phrase. "It appears the North has such a selective memory that they do not remember the sacrifices you have made to be here; of the generosity our family had shown them in the years since they bent the knee."

Rhaenar reached out, clasping at his hand as she begged him with her eyes. "Aegon, perhaps you should sit down."

"No." He growled, shaking his head. Rhaenar may have been too polite to utter anything, but Aegon wasn't. "You take her dragons, you take her armies, you take her food. But you won't take her, the one who provided it all." He spat at them, the Storm Lords agreeing as they 'here, here'd at Aegon's words. "And to think, my sweet sister, is one of your own."

"Egg!" She hissed again, pulling at his hand as her eyes searched the crowd. Perplexed was one word to describe the gazes of those that flickered between them, angry another, but others swirled Pride. Her gaze flickered across, looking to Oberyn who swallowed, raising his hand to show a letter in it. He offered her the smallest of smiles, not letting it meet his eyes as he clung to the edges of the room. What was he doing here?

Aegon stood back. "You have a spineless King, a bitch for a Lady, and a gormless boy that let a man charge to his death when he didn't need to; and don't start me on the one that follows me around. These are the ones who lead you, who you chose to declare independence for." And what a poor choice that was, he thought. "And now that she has gifted you the independence you so desperately crave, there's no thank you; only the threat of potentially taking the Kingdom from her."

Tyrion's smile dropped, as did the others as all eyes turned to Jon. "But you seem to forget, little brother. It wasn't you who brought the allies up here, you only invited Rhaenar. If it wasn't for her, the country would be swimming in the dead, ready to march to King's Landing."