cxxiii.

Thank you for all the comments. And I'm sorry if it didn't meet expectations. 

"Your Grace, your neck needs to be seen to

"Your Grace, your neck needs to be seen to." Someone called softly from behind Rhae as she remained sat beside the bed, her hand clutching his as her eyes fell to his face. It had been a close shave with Harry, having seen him being stabbed through his hip. She thought she had lost him alongside Malthar and Sebastion; but someone he had kept clinging on.

Rhaenar's head shook, the indigo not straying as she reached forward to brush back a lock of mousey brown from his eyes. "No." She muttered, her voice soft. From as soon as the medics and healers began calling out survivors, she had rushed back through the gate, watching as four men took hold of him, drawing him into one of the side rooms. The sight had shocked her, her legs carrying her further into the castle as she trailed right behind him; ignoring the looks shot her way.

She'd lost most of her commanders, those she trusted the most; and now Rhaenar wasn't about to let another slip from her grasp. "Rhaenar, at least let them work on you while you're sat there." Aegon's voice said to her, her head turning just slightly.

The Night King's handprint had burnt her skin like it had Bran, scorching her flesh. Despite the numbing pain that sat within her throat, every swallow became a reminder of what happened in that wood; Rhaenar didn't want to focus upon it. What could they do to the skin but salve it? His red handprint would constantly remain of what she lost, and what she had fought for here.

His hand slipped across her shoulder, taking her side before drawing her face to his, their eyes meeting. "You need to look after yourself."

"What's the point?" She asked, her voice hoarse.

The midnight blue softened, his hand dropping from the cheek before reaching for her hand and squeezing. "We're going to be burning the dead today; and Oberyn wishes to speak with you." It didn't give her enough reason to want to move, but as her duty to her friends and especially to Jorah and Qotho, she needed to be there.

Her shoulders slumped, her eyes closing as she kept her touch on Harry. "You can come straight back here, I promise. I'll make sure no one interrupts you."

"Thank you, Egg." He stood from the ground, nodding to one of the healers that watched the pair interact. The girl had seen her own battles as a soft face knelt down before her, the pot in hand with bandages.