lviii.

Some of ya have been wanting this. Also, hair down Dany is stunning.

It all seemed so quiet once they had awoken, Mero's hands playing lovingly with the pale strands as she remained clutched to his chest, wisps of patchouli tickling at his nose

It all seemed so quiet once they had awoken, Mero's hands playing lovingly with the pale strands as she remained clutched to his chest, wisps of patchouli tickling at his nose. She groaned, her eyes blinking as the sun shone harshly into the room. "What time is it?" Rhae questioned, shutting them as quickly as they had opened.

"Shortly after noon." Her brows raised, almost touching her hairline in surprise. It was noon! Mero's warm arms hadn't shifted as she pressed herself back to his chest, the soft method thumping of his heart lulling into a sleepy state.

"We slept that long?" He nodded, mumbling to himself. Neither moved for a moment, both happy with where they were as they kept their arms around one another. "People are going to look for us soon." Rhae grumbled.

"Let them." She smiled for a moment, listening out. Mero's soft breaths were slow, drawing the air in and holding it a moment before letting it out; the warmth snaking over the top of her head as he buried his nose within her hair. The cool winds that brushed over them were cold as Rhae gripped him tighter. Lost was the last time they had awoken in each other's arms this content, both normally quick to move to tackle with their day, or someone threatening to barge into her room.

A thought crossed her mind. "When was the last time you slept in your own room?"

"I have a room?" He teased, sticking out his tongue. Rhae rolled her eyes, shaking her head as she looked at him semi-seriously. "I don't know, I'm here all of the time; I have no use for it besides changing in." She supposed there was no point really in him having a room besides to keep what they had undercover from the negative criticism that they'd receive. But, times had changed from when they'd first gotten together, and Mero had more than proved himself to the entirety of the council.

"Does no one ever wonder where you are? You're the leader of the Second Sons, an important member, surely someone must visit you?" She questioned, her fingers pushing back at a loose strand of white.

Mero shrugged, unfazed. "Sure, they might have noticed; but what does it matter? They can talk to me during the day." That reminded her she had to get up for her own day, and actually do something rather than continue to lay here. Rhae groaned as she slipped from Mero's body, his hands clutching the air as she dodged them. Teasing filled her as a laugh tumbled from her lips, shrugging off her old tunic and breeches, standing in her room bare.