cxii.

Rhaenar felt the sun upon her face before her eyes opened, the warmth bathing her skin beneath the thin dress she wore

Rhaenar felt the sun upon her face before her eyes opened, the warmth bathing her skin beneath the thin dress she wore. Was she dead? Or was this a dream? Rhaenar couldn't tell the difference but the hand that was held in hers. "You have to keep hold of me." A voice told her, forcing her eyes to open as she turned.

Rather than the solemn Bran she had come accustomed to; a taller, happier Bran stood beside her, the chair gone as were their winter clothes. "How did you do this?" She asked, looking down at the pair.

He shook his head. "I told you, I don't know." He muttered as he looked around, their eyes peering up into the sky as they looked at the blueness. "We're in the past." He muttered, that was evident from the lack of snow that clung to the floor, from the blue sky and warm winds that engulfed them.

A laugh broke out from the field they were in, the pair turning as they looked. A young girl, similar in age to Bran burst from the treeline, boys hot on her tail as they chased after her, all with swords in hand. "Can they see us?" Rhaenar asked, confused as the girl turned, her sword clashing against theirs.

"No. This is just a replay of events, we're not technically here." It didn't settle Rhae as the pair watched the children. "That's Lyanna, Eddard, and Benjen." He muttered. Lyanna held a large grin on her face as she tugged her breeches further up; the darker hair boy turning on the older, more mousey haired boy to give her time before she then joined back in, swinging her sword.

"Where are we?" She asked, confused. Trees of orange, green, and bearing fruits sat around them; covering the emerald of the grass.

Bran turned with her, his own eyes taking it in. "I don't know."

Like that filled her with confidence, she thought sarcastically as she turned to him. "How do you not know? You put us here."

He shrugged. "I go off what I can remember, or at least what I think people have seen. When I understand more, I'll be able to be more specific." Bran explained, Rhaenar rolling her eyes.

"Oi! Get going you lot, before father kills us; you know he doesn't want to be late today!" A boy shouted from the other side, older than the others as his figure broke through the trees. The dark haired boy was the first to stop, rushing over to him with a smile as Eddard and Lyanna toyed with one another still.