ғᴏᴜʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜᴢʟᴇ ɪs ᴅᴏɴᴇ

Hero's Pov

I rub my eyelids with both hands they to activate the circulation and wake myself up.
Today is a big day, we're filming Christmas party at Scott's where I'll be able to play cool and badass but I don't know if I'm in a best mood to play cool, I would love to do a sad scene today.

There so much going on in my head right now.

The first thing that literally doesn't give me peace is the fact of "the list" I still can't fucking figure out what this list is .
Second is Josephine and her behavior, she's acting so strange in everything, sometimes I struggle to recognize her.
Her mood changed too many times per day, she doesn't wants to do activities she even decline to go to swim, hiking or bowling, things that she likes.

Tonight I didn't slept at all and it's not a news since Jo is struggling with her sleep.
She cries in her sleep. Well, she doesn't actually cry but she mumbles, a pain mumbles like she's having nightmares.
I talked to her about her telling her about it and the first time she deny it and didn't believe me but then I recorded her on my voice memos and played to her the very next morning. She stand up from the breakfast table and she walked away screaming that she wasn't hiding me nothing and that she didn't remembered about what she dreamed about.

She clearly hiding me something.
I don't know how bad it is but one thing that I know it's that if she's hiding it to me she is doing it for me but the thing that she has to understand it's that we are a couple that one day will end up with a marriage and marriage doesn't works with secrets.
I want to be there for her through her good and darkest times.

I tried to ask her so many times if there was something that she was keeping to herself or that was bothering her but it ends up ever time in the same way that's her standing up and leaving the room saying that I am getting paranoid about it and that she's super fine.

"Hey, what if we go to bowling tonight?" I propose to Jo and Shane while we are getting the make up done.

Jo looks so freaking gorgeous.

The hair collected in a low and ordinated bun and that dress?

Green is her color.

While Shane its fucking glowing.
I don't remember the last time I saw a pimple on his face. He don't even need make up.
I notice that Shane's face expression drops and he immediately gives a quick look to Jo through the reflection on the huge mirrors.
I see Jo's eyes literally goes wide and bites her nails.
"Nah, I was think of doing a work out in the hotel gym you can come if you want." he says while he seems so strange. There is something.

Wait, what if... he knows everything?
I mean it could make sense. He's basically her best friend so it could be that-

What the fuck! I'm her boyfriend and he didn't told me anything and she told Shane?!

"Baby do you want to?" I ask leaning forward to look at Jo tat is covered by Shane since he sorted right between us two.
She keep facing to the mirrors trying to look at me with the corner of my eyes.
"Let have her lazy ass rest, while we're getting some gains." Shane says giggling and than it's when I realize that my thoughts where right.
He fucking knows and for this I'm not gonna forget Jo that easily. What did I do to not deserve her trust?
"She is not that lazy when it comes to gym." I say.
"Yeah but I'm tired and I have to stay here for some fitting so this time I pass, but I'll see you both at dinner." she says.

So we film the party at Scott's and I get excited when Roger shows me how the punch came out. I'm proud.
I kiss Jo and I go to the gym with Shane.

If Jo doesn't talk, Shane will.

So I go to change and get to the game where Shane is already waiting for me with his AirPods in his ear.
"Oh here you're. Let's start with the weights." he says he says while I'm admiring at his huge biceps.,
"I'm down." I say and then I let him lay first and assist him in case he gets too tired to lift them.
He starts making so many face expressions while his exhales are making company to the low music.
"So... Do you know if something is going on with Jo?" I start and then I literately see his face change color.

He knows things for sure.

"No. Why?" he asks while I immediately get his lie. He can be a such an amazing actor but he isn't doing his best performance now.
"It's just she is so strange, she changes mood and sometimes personality. She isn't that lazy she loves being active. She doesn't want does things together and she is having like nightmares every night and then she gets tired easily because the less sleep she gets." I explain him trying to make out a conversation in my head where I get Shane spoil me something without him knowing.
"She didn't talked me about nightmares and about she's being lazy maybe is her period or just the work, you have to remind yourself that she has more pets than you and that is exhausting." he says defending his friend.
"Shane I know there is more and I also know that she is hiding something important to me." I say and he is in the middle of lifting so I can't read his real reaction to my confession.
"Bro. What are you talking about?" he asks nonchalantly.
"You know what I'm talking about and I really can't understand why she told you and not me!" I say stand then he struggles with living and I help him.
He let out the air with his mouth and relaxed his muscles still laid on the bench.
"Bro I don't know what are you talking about." he says again clearly lying to me and then I loose all my patience.
"Oh stop fucking lying to me." I say and then he stands up.
"I'm not!" he yells at me.
Why he is yelling? Sign that he's lying.
"I know about the list." I say trying to see what is his reaction.
He literally stops breathing, his eyes go wide and the places on mine.

He fucking knows.

"W-what?" He asks swallowing so hardly.
My heart is beating fast and my hands are sweating.
"I know everything." I say obviously lying but he believes me since I mentioned the list.
"Who told you?" he asks.
"Jacob." I say the truth hiding the fact that I still don't know what this list is.
"That motherfuc- so you know about the waiting list... it was so hard to not tell you-" he starts to say while in my head is echoing two words "waiting list".

What waiting list? Fuck.
If she is fucking sick I'm-

I'm going to loose my mind. How she could keep this for her while we sleep in the same bad every night.

And I'm a fucking dumb ass bitch, how I didn't notice that she's not feeling well?

The only thing I can think about now it's how she's tired all the time, she's avoiding every type of  muscular activity... Wait what if she's pregnant? But if she was... why a fucking "waiting list?"
"Hero." Shane wakes me up from the earthquake that is going on inside of me.
My mouth is open while I'm hardly breathing, my eyes are wide o open and I'm pretty sure that I'm pale as Casper, the ghost.
"Wait- you know it right?" he asks now worrying about what he said.

Shane you'll have to deal with Jo after I'll talked to her because I didn't knew a shit and you just revealed a huge part of it.

"Is she sick? It's a hospital waiting list?" I ask him gasping and then his mouths opens.
"You don't know it? Oh fuck!" he yells.
I feel my head spinning just to the thought of Jo being sick. It's can be that and it explains why she didn't tell me. She wants to protect me but I don't give a fuck, I  can handle everything for her. As I always tell her: I want to stay by her side on the happiest as in the darkest times.

𓆉 𓆉 𓆉
𝔸/ℕ: Hello my people!
I know that you are like shocked right now.
I really can't wait to read you comments guys!
This is a beginning of a long journey.
Get yourself prepared.
Ah, thank you for 215k in the first book!🚀
Love y'all! I'll be here replaying to the comments!
-Valentina