"Yes. To Hell with those pesky dreams. You can make better memories here with me."

"Oh."

Lucifer's smile brightened. He sat up, giving my cheek a kiss. Wrapping his arm around my shoulders, he leaned me against him. My body went limp. A wave of drowsiness overcame my senses. As he rubbed my arm, I let out a loud yawn.

"Tired?" he asked. "Wanna take a nap?"

All I could do was nod.

"Can I ask you something else?"

I nodded again.

"Do you remember Michael?"

He sounded far away. Groaning, I rubbed my head. It felt like it wanted to roll off my body.

"Lucifer, who's...who's Michael?"

Lucifer gripped my chin, making me face him. A smile plastered on his face. My heart couldn't stop banging against my ribcage. Michael. That name. I should know that name. He...what did he do?

"No one you should worry about," Lucifer said.

Michael's face flashed before my eyes. My eyes widened. Gasping, I tried to shove Lucifer's...Michael's hand off of me.

"You...you're Mi-"

"Shh," he whispered, laying me on the ground. "Shit, you just love fighting against my powers. Don't worry, you'll forget this entire conversation and soon you will forget him."

"N-no!" I slurred. "Let me go!"

He pressed his finger against my forehead. "Sleep now, Virago."

~

Waking up has got to be the hardest thing ever since the coma. No matter how many times I sleep, I feel tired. Lucifer says I might me anemic due to the coma and lack of nutrition. Honestly, that could explain the lethargic feeling I always get.

After my short nap, we spent the rest of the day doing what we always did. Tired or not, I still had to get the chores done. I'd water my garden, wash the laundry in the lake, and hang up the wet clothes with Lucifer. But the entire day, I felt like something was missing. I'd look at the roof, the lake, anything to trigger something. Sadly, night fell upon us and I have yet to figure it out.

Once I scattered the food for my chickens, I placed a hand on my stomach. Closing my eyes, I sighed, rubbing my belly.

Mother!

My eyes snapped open. Gasping, I looked down. My belly was swollen. I dropped to my knees and blinked. It went back to normal.

What the hell? Was I pregnant? And that voice. I searched my surroundings. Who could've–

"Virago!" Lucifer appeared next to me, checking my body. "Are you alright?"

"I...I just...I thought I heard something."

"Heard what?" he asked, placing his hand on the side of my head.

"S-someone called me 'Mother' and...and my belly was..."

Lucifer soothingly hushed me. Taking a deep breath, I slowly let it out.

"Now," said Lucifer. "Take another deep breath and tell me what happened again."

I did what I was told. "Okay, well, I...um...I thought I heard..."

"Heard what?"

I furrowed my brows. "What do you mean?"

Lucifer smirked, shaking his head. "Nothing. Come on, let's bathe together."

He helped me up the ground. As we walked towards the lake, I brushed the dirt off my dress.

Later on, I finally got into bed. My body has been dying to get in here after dinner. What a day. It felt so long yet I wasn't awake for most of it.

Lucifer undressed. He looked out of the window, sighing as the moon light shined on him. He then slipped under the sheets, pulling me in for a kiss. He touched my bottom and I squirmed, pulling away.

"Lucifer," I sighed, "I'm too tired for this."

He let out a low growl and leaned in again. Turning my face away, his lips met my cheek.

"Lucifer, please, not tonight. I'm sorry, but I can't."

We haven't done it at all since my awakening. Turning to face him, I was ready for yet another silent treatment. Has he always been like this? Did everything I supposedly dream about was fake?

Lucifer clenched his jaw. He pulled back and held his chin, staring at me with nothing in his eyes. I opened my mouth to apologize again.

He pulled his hand back.

Smack!

Hot tears instantly escaped my eyes. The heat on my face burned as I laid frozen in bed. Gasping, I held my cheek.

"Did that wake you up?" Lucifer spat. "Or do I have to do it again?"

Shaking, I slowly faced him. "Why did you–"

Lucifer didn't give me time to react. He held my wrists above my head, tightening his grip until I released a painful cry. He straddled my hips, seething with anger and ignoring my begging and tears.

"I took care of you while you were in that damn coma. I stitched your wounds. I bathed you. I cooked for you and this is how you're going to fucking treat me?!"

My lips wobbled. My heart broke into pieces. He had a wild, deranged look in his eyes.

"Now you decided to finally shut the fuck up, huh?" He chuckled darkly. "Good, now I can get what I want."

"No," I sobbed. "Lucifer, stop."

He forced my legs apart and slammed my wrists against the bedpost. Rope appeared. It replaced his hands and tightened my wrists together, breaking into my skin.

Crying, I thrashed underneath him. "No! I'm sorry! Please, stop! Stop!"

He held my hips down, inches away from breaking into me.

Laughing, he leaned down and whispered in my ear, "Apology accepted. Don't worry, I'll take my time."