Chapter 2

Gluttony: *Opening a present* It's an avocado! Thanks! :D

VIRAGO

The ride back home, Lucifer listed all the rules I had to follow in order for me to stay safe. I was now Rapunzel in his tower unless he went out. Wherever he goes, I had to follow. I couldn't walk my dogs anymore, our kids will take turns doing that. I couldn't post anything on social media because I'd be risking my location. And if I want to order a certain type of food, Gluttony will order it for me.

We dropped the boys at my house. They all wanted to get my clothes, my womanly essentials, and my pets. I'm so happy Mami wasn't here for this. If she found my kids packing up my things, she'd call the police, unless they erase her memories. Still, I'm happy she doesn't have to stress about this, I'm happy she doesn't have a clue about what's going on in my life. Lucifer said he has a few Demons watching her and protecting her. My friends were also getting that special treatment.

"And one more thing," he added. "If you want to watch any movie that's been released, I will personally get it for you to watch it at home."

"How?"

"I got my ways. Just a little hypnosis and I have the only DVD in my hands."

I grinned. "That's awesome."

Twiddling with my fingers, I found ourselves near Cali's apartment complex. Lucifer hasn't mentioned her since I got my memories. We were so close to where she lives. She probably knows I have my memories back. Hopefully, she was home right now and not somewhere else in the world.

"Lucifer?"

"What?"

"Before we go home, can I go see Cali?"

Lucifer gripped the steering wheel tighter. A muscle in his jaw twitched. "No."

"Why not?"

"Did you not listen to anything I just said?"

I rolled my eyes. "Of course I did."

"You're not going, Virago."

Now, this is where I have to pull out the reverse Uno card on him. "But you'll be by my side the entire time."

He drove around a corner, letting out a suffering sigh. "Fine, but only for a few minutes, don't expect me to say yes to everything, though."

Grinning, I took my seatbelt off and leaned over to kiss his cheek. "Thank you. I promise I won't take long."

Lucifer hated this idea so much. When I brought up Cali, his mood changed and he wanted to go back home instantly. We parked in front of her building and Lucifer accompanied me until I was at her front door. I really hope she didn't go out. What am I going to say to her?

Before I could knock, the door swung open. Cali gave me a smile but it dropped as soon as she saw Lucifer standing behind me. The tension between them was uncanny.

"Hey, uh." She cleared her throat. "What's–"

I placed a hand on her shoulder. "Cali..."

Her lips closed into a firm line. She gulped, her green eyes shimmering with tears as her lips quivered. She pulled me into a tight, trembling hug.

"I'm so sorry!"

Her emotions rained over me. This was...not how I expected her to be! I blinked, holding her in my arms. "Hey, there's nothing to be sorry abo–"

"I knew," she sobbed.

"Knew what?"

Cali pulled me inside. Lucifer rolled his eyes and stood out in the hall to wait. As her cat jumped off the couch, she and I sat down. Cali was still bawling as I tried my best to comfort her. She trembled in my arms, sobbing on my jacket.