FINEM?

Kenneth

Kenneth

A few days later passed and here I was... in front of Aunt Susan's house in Richmond Street, at where it all started. The past few days has been me rethinking about what had just happened. The news about Origin seems to die down as soon as we like. The media saw it as none of their faults, taking the blame at some workers who were obsessed with myths and legends, but they were lying. Putting up a fake smile that they will put a stop to this behaviour in some of their workers but it was not their workers, it was them. 

It was their goal to revive their predecessor's goal. 

All of my stuff was out here, ready to be taken to the next chapter in my life. University. I decided to continue studying, learning and gaining myself the skill I needed if I wanted to continue to do what I wanted to do in life. Saving people's lives and saving the world.

My parents were no ordinary detectives, they were heroes. Even I have yet to discover the real reason they disappear or to where they have gone. I know now that what they do, was to make me realize where I stand in their position. I was their embodiment. My mind needed to understand and reasons are just not enough. I will continue their journey, and I will make my own mark along the way.

Christian was at the car, he was here to say goodbye. We spend quite a lot of time together the past few days. He helped me to decide which school I was going to. I could never be happier that he was still here. Reaching towards the man who still had his arm clutch to his chest, I put on wide smile on my face.

"Well... aren't you going to say something Detective Christian Keogh?" I teased, bringing my luggage to the car. 

He stared at me. Lovingly. "I do...," He paused, looking away for a moment. I could see him blushing. "I will miss you... well not that I could not visit you but... I will... miss you... a lot," He continued, then bringing one arm to pull me in. I look into his eyes... the bluest ocean that I have ever seen, and I was in deep in love with them.

"I love you," I let out without warning, the three words makes him stunned in his place. I did not intend to say it out loud but my heart was itching to not be unrequited. I think I had enough of signals. 

He connected his lips on mine, bringing the dreamy sensation back from my the deep layers of my mind. The first time he kissed me on the lips was intense but this time, it was gentle, slow and at peace. It was like we were sure we loved each other and there was no need to go fast. We could drive slow all night long and getting high in love as the moon shines on us. I could never get tired of him or even can get enough of him. I never know what true love is but I guess along the way I would. 

It was mesmerizing, how sometimes when I think about the time when I meet each other to the times when we spend the whole journey cracking the case, that I did not know deep inside... we were having feelings for each other. Neither both of us were brave enough to take the first move, and how cliché it was that we like someone who was, in fact, was in front of us all the damn time. 

Pulling back from the kiss, he smiled at me. "I love you since day one," He chuckled, making me join along with him. The memories of the adventure we had will forever be on my heart and soul. There was no doubt that I want to have another one with him later on.

My arms went around him, hugging him longingly. As much as I want to stay more time with him, Kate must have been waiting for me by now at the University. I ought to get going.

"I have to go. Yes, I am going to miss you so much as well. But it will only be three years and then yeah, maybe I will continue or well, go with you...," I spoke the words softly, earning a grin from him.

"I'll welcome you any day, just let me know,"

"Will do, sir," I nodded, then walked away to put my stuff in my car. As I reach the driver's door, he went up to me to peck my lips, then my cheek, then my nose then finally my forehead. I laughed gently at the gesture, feeling ticklish at some point.

He steps away, allowing me to get into the car. "Good luck, Kenneth," Starting up the car, I glance at him through the window. Smiling, I drive my way far from the house, looking at Christian from the rear-view mirror as his figure began to shrink slowly. It was a new journey and different dark mysteries out there to unravel. I was ready. Because 16th September 2001 showed me that I was capable of having my own journey.

~To Be Continue~