XIV

Christian

Christian

"There's an accident on the high road way to the city, they suspect that it was the killer... dead," I spoke as I drove the car fast to the crash site. Rafael was sitting in the passenger seat, taking in the information deep into his brain. There was no clue to why he crash into an 'accident'. Said that the car 'accidentally' hit a boulder at high speed, but that statement seem to be really off. How can someone not see where they were going at high speed? Surely the headlights were on.

Rafael jot something down on his small notebook. A weird expression on his face. "Could it be that the killer killed himself after killing three families to, well, covered up the tracks to what the occult was doing? We suspect that they would be many of them," That was right as well, maybe, maybe he sacrificed himself to make himself seemed like a serial killer instead of an occult killer.

I gritted my teeth. "But what if... what if that the killer was chasing someone?" The thought of another killing that would have occurred if the killer was alive gives me the shudders. There were enough killings just to make someone famous for being infamous and diabolical. 

"True, but we'll see when we get to the area," Rafael reassured me as we stay silent the whole road to the crash site. Something like this was out of the blue, never once we heard that a killer get into an 'accident', even so, it would be a rare situation to be in. Also, it would be something that puts an end to a serial killing if it were not so many killers out there hiding.

But I realized that this road leads to Richmond Street as well, meaning he was coming from the neighbourhood. I wonder what really happened exactly. If the crash happened around one to two in the morning then it could be that something just happened at exactly midnight. I wonder how Kenneth is doing right now, I hope he was alright, knowing well enough that he lives practically there, unprotected.

***

"Holy...," Rafael blurted out, in dismay at the sight of the completely burned toppled car. Smokes were flying out high into the sky, giving alarm to anybody near that something bad just happens. My mind could not believe it as well, how can a killer be so stupid to do something like this.

I furrowed my brows in disbelief. "This was not just an accident. It's something else," I conflicted, walking closely to the car. There were parts that was still not burned yet, they took out the fire immediately it seemed. My legs walked around the car, searching for something that was out of the ordinary. My eyes caught the car plate "Rafael, search for this car. There's the number plate here, almost burned, but we can do with it," 

He nodded at me, going to snap a picture of the number plate, then proceed to open up his phone, calling for someone that could help us figure out whether this car was the killer's or was it stolen. The body of the killer were brought out from the car, laid down on the ground in a body bag. Approaching the body bag, I was met with other investigators.