XXI

Kenneth

Kenneth

We arrived at a mall in the middle of the city. My eyes wander around the place, how are we going to meet an old friend here? This place is huge! I follow Christian out of the car, walking my way beside him. He was a few inches taller than me, and I could not deny that he was very fit too. Back in the office where we spend the whole night searching, studying and investigating, my eyes could not help but stare at him when he was working. It was almost satisfying to see the man being serious, his brows furrowed when he was working, thinking about the case. It might have triggered something in me that I was not feeling this way towards the man but, I could not even confirm if the feelings were true.

"So... how are we supposed to find this 'old friend' of yours?" I asked, breaking away from my thoughts towards him before it gets any 'nastier' as Kate would call it. The mind works in a very complex way. I could not agree more.

He looked down at me, giving me his trademark smile. "He has a store here, particularly a formal attire wear shop. You'll see... and I'm sure you will be surprised," He responded, making his way into the mall. I stand there thinking about it, processing what he just meant. However, my mind just remembered when he said something back at his office that made me even more confused.

'You just made me like you more' 

I do not understand if he either like me or that he liked my enthusiasm. I shake my thoughts away, going after Christian who was now starting to walk further away from me. He could not care to just wait for me, does he?

Walking to reach for the specific store, I look around the mall, searching if anything could catch my eyes. Both of us were on the elevator when I saw a group of people, dressed in black shirts. It gave me a bad feeling about them, so riskily, I tried to stare at them. My eyes glimpse a little at them, and right on time, I saw the same dove tattoo on their body. My hand reach out to pull Christian clothes, grabbing his attention. The handsome man glances his way at me, questioningly. 

"They're here... at three o'clock," I whispered into his ear, pointing subtly towards their direction. Christian look over to where they were at. They were going down the elevator while we were going up. He immediately notices them and just as we almost reach the end of the elevator, he grabbed my hand hard, bringing me away from the dangerous men. His hold onto my hand was strong like he did not even want to let me go. That day when he saved me, he looked so furious, angry that I was being pointed with a knife. It was the same aura that I got from him now, the protective side of him that made me feel like a girl.

I hissed at the now even tightened grip. "Christian, you're holding me too hard," He stopped to look at me. Looking down at our hands intertwined, he realized that he was holding my hands for too long even when we were far away from Origin's men. He let go, then goes to rub my hand, soothing the residue feeling of his strong grip. He looked up at me, his face showed a mixture of worry and sorry. "Sorry about that, I was just... being cautious. Hate to see you near these bastards,"