XXIII

Kenneth

Kenneth

Sitting in the plane's seat next to the window, I tapped my feet in anxiously for the flight. I never go further from home before but I guess there will be a first time for everything. I was still mad at Christian for his words. Claiming me as his boyfriend in front of Francisco, the one who I assumed liked me and was proven right in front of my face.

Christian was beside me, taking a glimpse of me here and there. As much as I hate that he casually said that I was his boyfriend, a part of me feel butterflies flying in the air, making me swirl in clouds of love. The times when he kissed my neck evoked my mind, the feeling of his lips on my neck made me flustered in a deep shade of red. He was excellent with his lips, I... kinda regret to say that I did not want him to kiss me on the lips. Really want to feel them... stop... I need to stop thinking about the kiss.

"You're alright there?" He asked suddenly, breaking the silence between us. 

I peek at him. "Yeah... I'm good...-," I stared ahead, then go back to take a glimpse of him. "-and nervous too,"

He moves closer to me, interested in my experience. "Why? You never fly before?"

"Well... I do exactly... but going this far to Italy, it can be really shocking for me. I never went this far... now I do," I briefly explained to him, peering into his blue sets of eyes that was calling me to touch his face. "I get that, well now that you're flying away for the first with me... I think I deserve to know something, and you can ask me anything you want in return,"

A game? What does he want to know exactly? "Go ahead, what do you want to know?"

"Are you... in a relationship?" He asked, not waiting any more second. Out of all the questions, he could ask, he chose to ask that? Funny.

I sighed. "Apparently... no. I don't think I'm suited enough to love or even be loved. That's that,"

"Alright then," He smiled, a satisfaction grew on his face. "Your turn... ask away," Every time he spoke, he got even closer to me, I feel like our seat could merge together.

"Why do you ask about my relationship status?" His smile falters, staring straight into my eyes that makes me anxious and nervous from the 'feels' he was giving off. 

"Because I want to know,"

I let out a puff of air, releasing the breath that I was holding. "Okay...," I responded, accepting the fact he just wants to know. He can be intimidating sometimes, and he can be carefree at times when I was not aware of things. He was really the kind of detective that just is not your typical detective.

"I'm sorry... about earlier. I really should not have said that in front of your friend," He spoke suddenly, looking into my eyes. I was not shocked nor surprised that he apologized for his actions but more to I was awed by the level of owning to his mistake. Some older people would just take it as they were older, so they have the rights to do anything with people younger than them. The amount of respect that he had for people was greatly appreciated and staring at him now, I just could not help but forgive him instantly.