XXIV

Kenneth

Kenneth

"I... I...," My mind went blank towards the man. Both of Christian and me were sitting with our back straight still, froze that the man could recognize me. I even dyed my hair to not be noticed. 

Christian turn his head towards the man, giving him a smile. "I don't think so... he has never been out in the world a lot. I think you're mistaken,"

"But I-," The man almost spoke but was cut off by the other people in the group, calling him. "Mateo! cosa ci fai lì? Porta qui il tuo culo!" 

He turns his face towards the others, a bitter look on his face. "Va bene, va bene...," Glancing back to us, he bows his head. "I'm sorry for bothering you two, enjoy your day," He goes to walked off to the other people. My mind seem to think that he was a really nice person, and to be involved with an organization, an occult that uses power wrongly. It was aching for me to see that he was being used. I hope he realized it soon. 

After they left, both of us stand up from our seat, getting ready to get out. I looked towards Christian, who was taking out our stuff. "How did he even recognize me? I never seen him or any of them before," Christian turn to me, he seems to know something. "I think they were given information about you, pictures too I guess. Because well I found one from one the killers, apparently, he's dead," The words come out from his mouth just made me realize one thing. I was the one who killed the killer, well not essentially killing him with my bare hands, fighting like I was in the MMA but having him crashing a boulder at high speed. That one. 

"You know... I was the one who... killed the killer. The crash?" I muttered gently, looking down at my stuff. I could feel Christian look up to me instantly, his blue eyes were staring right into my skull. 

He coughed. "We'll talk about this later, let's go," I suck up my lips, not ready to hear what he would say about it.

Walking out from the plane, we were said goodbyes from the flight attendant with a cheerful smile on their faces. "Have a nice honeymoon, you two," The air in my lungs just choked the life out of me when I heard the comment. Christian just smiled at them, bringing his hand over my shoulder to bring me away.

"Oh! They looked so cute! I knew they were a couple," Another one of them spoke, their words just digs into my ear, making a big hole there. Christian leans into my head, a smirk written over his face. "They're not wrong though, I do think of this as honeymoon," He coos softly. My cheeks were flushed red from the sentence, it made me melt.

I scoffed, looking ahead with a straight face. "Let's check in for the hotel now," Ignoring his earlier words, I walked ahead of him, getting fast out to hold a taxi.

***

We were now in our hotel room, the room was pretty decent. Exactly to fit two people, but I know that somehow we would not sleep in here. I was pretty sure that soon we would have to set up a camp in the ruins where my mother gone to. Yes, we were now searching for the ruins where my mother found the necklace. Christian was standing over the table, with both of his hands on the surface. The sleeves of his clothes were rolled to reach his elbow. When we got here, he immediately changed outfits, wearing a white shirt, dark brown knickers, matched with black sports shoes. What just knock me off was that he was wearing body holster for the guns Alfred sent us, now he looked far from a detective. Hotter. And they way it fits his body just frame his physique intimidatingly.