24 hours

Short chapter

•••

Waking up, Zola didn't expect to be in hoseoks main bedroom with nola in her crib squealing happily while playing with her toys. Due to soreness she winced when moving her body feeling her limbs strained. Vision blurry, she rubs at her eyes before slowly getting up making sure not to get lightheaded before looking over at nola who stood up on her feet holding onto the edge of the crib trying to get a good look at her mother.

"Hi sweetheart." She coos, getting up Zola rubs nolas cheek with her thumb, "mommies gonna take a quick shower."

Quick indeed, she didn't wanna be in there for too long not wanting to leave her baby by herself. So after making sure she was very clean, Zola puts a random t-shirt on and some shorts before taking nola out of her crib.

"It's nolas turn!" She smiles at her, thank god that nola loved water so it wouldn't be hard. All around nola was definitely a good baby and she was so happy she didn't really have to deal with crying all of the time. The bath was already ready, so all she had to do was get her undressed and in the tub.

While taking her clothes and diaper off, she did try to turn in her stomach a couple of times to play with a toy next to her but it didn't bother Zola much. Getting her into the tub, nola immediately starts slamming her hands in the water as she stuck her tongue out.

"You silly girl." Zola smiles down at her while cleaning her with a soft rag and some baby soap, the kind that keeps her skin smooth. Over her little squeals and high pitched giggles, Zola heard a big thump coming from down stairs, in confusion Zola drops the rag in water. It was quiet for a second before the door bust open and a guy in a uniform and gun in hand steps in.

"What the fuck!"

"They have Zola and the baby." Namjoon speaks, arms now crossed on his chest as he tells Hoseok.

Hoseok stands up from his crouched position, hands dropping the blade. Turning around, anger resides in his facial expression.

"What the fuck?!"

"Now I don't wanna sound rude but you were kind of sloppy with the work last week, I don't What has gotten into you." Namjoon says, hand now on his gun from habit. Hoseok tried breathing in and out slowly to calm himself but deep down he really couldn't be more anger than he is now.

"Those fucking cops!" Quickly turning around, Hoseok draws out his gun before shooting the tied down male right in the face making blood splatter all over his own.

"I'm telling you the truth." Zola says, hands splayed out in front of her on the table, a cop standing in front of her with a glare on his face.

"Don't lie to me little girl."

Slamming her hand against the table Zola leans back in anger. Physically trying not to get up and hurt this man.

"I don't know how many times I have to tell you, i don't fucking who the fuck this J-Hope guy is."

She looked and sounded convincing but the cop thought he knew. He so badly just wanted her to tell him where Hoseok was because he knew she knew some how. The burly guy placed both hands on the table as he sighs, knocking his head down before quickly bringing it back up to look at her again. She was already staring with a glint in her eye.

"So you wanna tell me why you were in his house?"

Zola scoffs, "for a cop you really don't know anything."

He quirks an eyebrow, "oh?"

"That's my fucking house you asshole." She simply replies. "It's in my name, you got the wrong person."

"She's right."

Both turning their heads, Zola sees a male walk in the investigation room. He had on a suit looking very professional.

"And hows that?" The cop asks, guy in the suit rubs his forehead before sighing.

"There were some files just sent to us and turns out that the house is in her name. Now it has no record that Jung Hoseok owns it what so ever so you're kind of blank on that 'evidence' that she knows of this man."

The cop sighs as he shakes his head, "well i know a lying bitch when I see one."

"Hey asshole, you are the one that got the wrong person."

After not having hardcore evidence that she was in anyways affiliated with the situation, Zola had got to leave with nola. To the extent, she was irritated knowing she almost would have got caught. Good thing she knew how to lie and she was so beating hoseoks ass after this was over.

But she knew that he wouldn't be able to come the house or really come in contact with her knowing that cop was probably watching her. So immediately going home, Zola was quick to pretend to do normal shit before grabbing the burner phone she knew Hoseok stored away in the back of his closet—perks of being nosy.

His 'number' being memorized she dials it before calling.

"Zola." He sighs in relief. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Hoseok."

From the other side of the line he hums.

"Yes?"

"Are you sure they're not gonna find out about you putting your house in my name."

"Yes, don't worry. I have this covered. How's nola?" He asks.

••••••

The end is coming closer, just a few more chapters  🥺