V. The Killer

Never in a million years has Holly ever planned on combining forces with Klaus to help save Elena

Never in a million years has Holly ever planned on combining forces with Klaus to help save Elena. But plans change, I guess.

Last night she did the one thing she told herself she would never do; she sired Jeremy. Should anyone ask Stefan came over and joined them for a Thai and a movie night. Elena came back that night distraught, horrified at her blood purge at some party in Whitmore. And as she vented to Holly about how much she hated what she had become, Holly struggled not to blurt out that all Elena's wishes could come true. That Elena could be human again. Despite trying to remain hesitant, so tired of getting her hopes up, Holly couldn't help the smile spread across her face at the thought of saving her sister.

Elena wouldn't have to adjust, wouldn't have to accept the bloodlust and the killing that came hand in hand with being a vampire. She would be able to have the family she'd always dreamed of. She could be happy again. So Holly didn't mind who she had to work with to get Elena the cure.

Klaus had daggered Rebekah last night, which did bother Holly, except she was utterly helpless. No-one should ever be punished for loving. Holly could relate to Rebekah; falling in love with all the wrong people. Yet Klaus was right to keep it a secret. The cure would be coveted by all vampires -- either to destroy it or take it -- and telling Elena would only get her hopes up. So this secret remained with Stefan, Klaus and Holly.

But Holly was terrible with secrets. It was a known thing: tell Holly anything and Elena would know within 12 hours. No-one told Holly anything that Elena couldn't know. And now Holly knew something that would make Elena so extremely happy but she couldn't tell her. She almost wished she could be compelled so Stefan could take away the pressure on her shoulders and the fear that passed everytime Elena asked what she did yesterday.

To add to Holly's list of to-do's, she couldn't stop thinking of the girl, Hayley, whom she had that weird interaction with two days ago. It was one of the bizarrest interactions she'd ever had and it made no sense. People don't just switch bodies. Laying awake last night she had thought of all the possibilities; maybe Hayley was a witch? Except Klaus had said she was a werewolf, so maybe it was a werewolf thing? Except Ty had never mentioned it and Hayley looked just as shocked as Holly.

Whatever it was, Holly didn't like it. Almost as much as she didn't like the fact that the vampire hunter had escaped. Stefan had called her from Klaus' house, standing over a dead hybrid's decapitated body. Klaus had gone to Italy to find the sword after Rebekah confessed to Stefan where it was, and Conner had escaped. All in all, Holly had a lot on her mind. So when Tyler texted her an SOS, she had zero clue what had happened and a hundred cues to panic.

She sat on Tyler's couch with Elena beside her, where she had sat many times before. Holly's hand clutched Ty's phone tightly, as if trying to crush it as she reread the text message over and over again.

Jeremy: Hunter at Mystic Grill with hostages. They all die at sundown.

The text had been sent to both Tyler and the Salvatore brothers, and neither Jeremy or Matt were answering their phone.