XIII: All My Children

Holly was woken up by her phone ringing, which was probably the worst way to wake up

"What?" she groaned, disorientated.  

"Did you know Damon slept with Rebekah?" Elena sounded agitated.

"Are you calling me from two rooms away?" Holly sat up, trying to see if she could hear Elena in her room.

"No, I actually wake up before noon. I'm on my way to Bonnie's but I've just stopped by the Salvatore's. But he was actually bragging about it, Holly."

"In all fairness, if I slept with Rebekah I would be too," Holly rubbed her eyes. 

"Is everyone forgetting how she tried to kill me?" Elena practically yelled through the other line, "he's clearly doing it to get back at me."

"Elena, my dear. Sure, you pissed him off, but he doesn't make every life choice with you involved. And if I hated everyone who tried to kill you, I would be very lonely. Brush it under the rug and move on with your life, preferably without waking me up next time. Can I come join you at Bonnie's?" Holly climbed out of bed, beginning to rummage through her wardrobe. 

"Well, um, we're not staying for very long, by the time you've got ready and all..."

Holly stepped away from her wardrobe, slightly disappointed. "Oh, yeah. No worries then. I suppose the 'we' means Caroline's with you?"

"Yeah, we're just going to drop by. You won't miss anything, promise." 

"Sure, okay. I'll, uh, talk to you later I guess." Holly hung up, trying not to be upset. It was probably nothing, but still. There's subtle and then there's not subtle. Being siblings in a tight friendship group had caused them issues before but Elena had never not invited her to anything.

Nevertheless, Holly moved on. Today she was learning more chants, specifically a rain one. She had managed to make some small gusts of wind with Bonnie a few days ago, and now she was ready for more. In her mother's grimoire, Mara told tales of how she had created tropical storms and 40 ft tsunamis, which Holly found both amazing and horrifying. 

Stood outside an hour later, she was having no such luck. "Come on, you stupid cloud! Give me something!" The cloud gave her nothing.

"Holly," Alaric called from the window, "why don't you come in before the neighbours call for a psych evaluation."

"I don't get it!" Holly groaned, slumping on the island, "why is it not working?"

"It takes practice, that's all," Ric tried to cheer her up. "Soon you'll be the local weatherman." 

"Is Elena back yet?" she grabbed an apple. 

"She was and now she's disappeared again," Alaric sighed, "probably with Damon."