VIII. We'll Always Have Bourbon Street

Since last night's 'incident' with Jeremy and Elena, Elena had moved out of the Gilbert family home, and Matt had moved in

Although Holly was still adjusting to living with two teenage boys, Matt being around meant she had one less thing to worry about, as he was watching out for Jeremy.

Holly had rung Caroline as soon as she had got home, and luckily Stefan was staying at Caroline's whilst Elena stayed at the Salvatores. The fact that Elena didn't immediately go to Caroline's or Bonnie's, allowing Stefan to walk out of his own home, further cemented Holly's theory. And, as if by a stroke of luck, they had come onto the same conclusion too. Elena was sired to Damon.

As Holly tucked into a tub of ice cream, the three decided their plan of action over speakerphone. No-one could tell Elena until they had solid proof, because that would only cause more problems. Stefan was going to tell Damon, asking him to test the theory, and Caroline was going to ask Tyler about siring whilst Holly hit the supernatural section of the school library.

"Hey Elena," Holly shut her locker as her sister walked down the school hallway. Her hair was all dishevelled, pulled into an extremely messy bun. Elena's clothes were weird too, haphazardly thrown together. It was weird, Elena would normally never be caught dead without her hair done and her outfit perfect. It was normally her nagging Holly to change out of sweatpants and put proper clothes on, and here she was looking like she pulled an outfit out of the lost and found.

"Hey," Elena smiled, quickly hugging Holly. It had been strange for both of them, going to school in separate cars and not having breakfast together.

"Are you ok?" Bonnie asked, giving Elena her signature look of sympathy. Holly's said it before and she'll say it again: Bonnie is too kind for her own good.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Elena peered uncertainly at her three friends as they all gave her comforting looks. Stefan had sworn Caroline and Holly to secrecy, yet another pact she was bursting to break.

"Caroline was just telling me about how you had to move out of the house and stay away from Jeremy," Bonnie explained.

"Matt's with him right now, keeping check," Holly informed Elena.

"Yeah," Elena took a shaky breath, "he'll help keep the hunter stuff under control. Jere's ok."

"But are you?" Caroline questioned. "I mean, clearly they don't have a flat iron at Hotel Salvatore," she laughed slightly, referring to Elena's hair.

"I was in a rush!" Elena began pulling out her hair, "look, do you girls have any plans tonight? I'm in desperate need of some girl talk."

"I'm in," Bonnie said cheerily, "Shane taught me some small spells I've been wanting to try."

"Ohhh," Holly wiggled her eyebrows at Bonnie, "so creepy professor is just Shane now."

"He's not creepy," Bonnie nudged her.