XV. I Love You, Goodbye

Holly opened her dresser drawer, roughly throwing every item of clothing she could get her hands on into the bag laid out on her bed

Holly opened her dresser drawer, roughly throwing every item of clothing she could get her hands on into the bag laid out on her bed. She was panicked, rushed, eager to get her things and get out.

Her phone lay on her bed, still open on her call log. Cami had called her from a payphone, explaining how Elijah had blown up the house with Finn in it, and they were now on the road. Hope was no longer safe.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Klaus walked in, knowing exactly what she was doing.

“I’m gonna go get my daughter,” Holly pushed the contents of her bag further in, looking up to see Klaus about to speak, “- don’t tell me it’s not safe. Because I’ll tell you what’s not safe, blowing up a house to keep your evil brother from finding her.”

“We will deal with Finn,” Klaus tried to take the bag off her.

“And then what?” Holly snatched it back, “he jumps into another body?!”

“We tried running, we tried hiding, neither will work.”

“So what’s your bright idea?” Holly crossed her arms.

“As a matter of fact, I’m working on a plan as we speak. One which would be bolstered greatly if you just calm down!”

“Do not try and manage me- ”

“Just keep your eyes on the prize- ”

They both spoke over each other, neither listening to the other.

“Hayley’s getting married today,” Klaus finally got Holly to shut up, “and she’ll finally turn all the wolves against Finn. At the very least that will make you wait twelve hours before you leave which will give me time to come up with a plan and stop you two bickering for the next decade about how you missed her wedding!”

Holly said nothing, scowling as he took the bag off her again, tipping it’s contents out onto the bed.

Brilliant day for a wedding.

🤍

“Knock, knock,” Holly sang as she rapped her knuckles on Hayley’s open door.

“Hey,” Hayley smiled before turning back to her wardrobe, “do you think black is too obvious?”

“Most definitely,” Holly smiled, before stepping into the room, revealing the dress in her hands, “which is why, as self-proclaimed maid of honour, I went dress-shopping.”

“Dress-shopping?” Hayley raised an eyebrow, looking the dress up and down.

“… in Rebekah’s wardrobe, yes,” Holly passed her the white dress, “speaking of, have you seen her anywhere?”

“She came in earlier,” Hayley nodded, “she’s had to leave, something about Kol. Gave me her congratulations.”

“Who’d have thought it? Hayley Marshall walking down the aisle,” Holly sat down on the bed as Hayley held the dress up to her chest in the mirror.