XIX. Pictures Of You

"You alright in there?" Stefan shouted from the living room

"Yeah," Holly reached up for the flush, wiping the leftover vomit from her mouth, "remind me never to buy supermarket sushi again." 

"It's been three days, Holly. You sure it's the sushi?" Damon joked, throwing the football at her as she left the bathroom.

"Very funny, Damon," Holly threw it back in his face, but he narrowly caught it.

"So what's it been, 28-29 days?" Damon threw it back to Stefan, who then passed it to Holly, creating a triangle.

"I don't know, I lost count," Stefan shrugged. 

"We lost count of the consecutive days in which Elena Gilbert has not killed anyone," Holly nodded. 

"I'd say that's progress," Damon agreed.

"So what are we going to do, just throw the football around for another 150 years until Elena's humanity comes back on?"

"I'm cool with that," Holly nodded, nearly missing the ball as Stefan threw it to high, "although I'll probably bail after 70."

"Well, she doesn't want the cure, and she's gonna start killing people if she thinks we're trying to get it for her."

"Alright," Stefan nodded, "fair point. We could always, uh, make her want it."

"How are you going to make an emotionless vampire want anything?" Holly pointed out his error. 

"Flip her humanity switch," Stefan argued. 

"Alright, we'll pull a Lexi, bombard her with emotions till one of them sticks?" 

"Yeah, and if that doesn't work then we go to plan 'B'," Stefan threw to Holly, "lock her up and keep her sidelined until we figure out a plan 'C'." 

"And what happens when she gets slammed with every emotion she's repressed since Jeremy died?"

"Well then she'll have to put her big-girl pants on and deal with it like everyone else," Holly smiled, "with Damon by her side, helping her through it."

"And what about you, Stefan? Are you gonna relive history?"

"Don't plan on it," Stefan shook his head. 

"So you're just gonna get out of her life?" Damon narrowed his eyes. 

"Bingo."

🤍

"Holly, come out!" Caroline called excitedly as Holly opened the fitting room curtain, "why aren't you wearing the dress?" Caroline frowned. 

"It doesn't fit," Holly picked up the navy blue strapless dress, putting it back on the rack, "for the first time since 8th grade, my boobs have decided to grow. It's that stupid new birth control I'm taking."