XIII. Into The Wild

Holly cautiously entered the house, peering into the living room

"Back so soon?" Klaus called out, walking into Holly's line of sight. 

Clearing her throat, Holly moved closer, reminding herself that he couldn't get out, "we're going to get the cure. I need to get my stuff."

"No doubt my brother's death revealed the entire hunter's mark," Klaus turned his gaze to the body, less than ten feet away. 

"I'm sorry about Kol," Holly spoke sincerly, although they both knew it wouldn't matter. 

"Sorry doesn't bring people back from the dead, does it now, sweetheart?" Klaus had a satire smile on his face as he stepped closer to Holly, "but I watched as you tried to stop your siblings and that gesture has saved you your life. Elena and Jeremy's? Not so much."

"Klaus, please." Holly begged, "I never meant for this to happen but please-"

"Spare your brother's life when my brother's wasn't? Look me in the eyes and tell me that you wouldn't do whatever it takes to avenge your brother."

"I would," Holly didn't see any point in denying it. "But I'm begging you, if not for the cure or hybrids, spare them for me. Because if you kill them you will kill whatever chance we had at being friends."

"Friends? You think I'd let those bastards live just so you and I could be friends?" Klaus laughed. 

"I think I never should have given you the time of day," Holly snapped, "I think you are so cruel and you don't even know it."

Klaus raised his eyebrows, clearly not expecting that. 

"You flirt with me, you buy me nice things and you make me feel so wanted, and you are gonna break my heart," Holly's lips trembled slightly as her voice became strained, "you know I can't fall for you, you know I can't love you but you do it anyway. And you know what sucks? I know you are the wrong person to fall for, I know and I do it anyway because everytime you smile and laugh and everytime you look at me, I forget all the hell that you have put me through!"
Running from her problems like always, Holly bolted up the stairs, slamming her bedroom door shut as she rushed to get cold weather gear. She was so desperate to escape Klaus she even climbed out of her window to escape. 

🤍

On an island off of Nova Scotia, the crew arrived about a day later. It was absolutely chuffing freezing. Trudging through the forest, Holly walked next to Rebekah, Elena still on a time out. The Salvatore brothers had their necks snapped and were cool with Holly, if not very impressed, and yet little Elena was still furious. 

They had been following Shane all day and as the night fell upon them, he began to enlighten them on the background of the cure. 

"Centuries after Qetsiyah died there were these miners who were excavating a well on the island. They suddenly went mad. They bled themselves dry, no apparent reason. So, the legend spread that these miners in exchange for a drop of their blood saw visions of their lost loved ones in the well they were digging. The word traveled and explorers sought the well to see if the legend was true."