III. Girl in New Orleans

Holly spat out her coffee, "come again?" 

"Silas is still a problem,"  Elena's voice was muffled slightly by the background noise, "Stefan's missing and we're now needing all the help we can get."

There was a pause before a very similar voice rang out through the phone, "suddenly I'm the help."

"Katherine," Holly's face deadpanned, "how's human life treating you?" 

"I now understand why you are all so bleary," Katherine's tone darkened, and Holly smirked at her discomfort. "I hate being human."

"Yes well, I assume you'd hate it more if a certain someone found out just how much easier it is to kill you," Holly looked up to the ceiling, a wicked grin on her face, "now pass me back to Elena and pray that your favourite New Orleans witches behave."

"I'm so glad you're finding this as funny as I am," Elena returned on the line. 

"Has Bonnie come home yet?" Holly refreshed her email, still seeing no response from Bonnie. It had been a few days, although Bonnie was never a quick responder. 

"Not yet," Elena sighed slightly, "but I'm worrying about one missing person at a time."

"You know, I can come help if you want?" Holly offered, secretely hoping Elena would take her up on it. 

"I'll get back to you on that. Besides, I doubt Klaus would be so keen to send you to the town where an immortal being is causing all kinds of havoc."

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him," Holly sat up off her bed, walking over to her door. She could hear Klaus downstairs, along with another unfamiliar voice, "well, go find Stefan, please. So I don't have to feel awful forever."

Hanging up, Holly grabbed an oversized cardigan, wrapping it around her tank top and sweats, frowning as she stepped out and peered down the stairway to see a girl stepping out of Klaus' office. 

The girl was pretty, a short blonde with striking green eyes, wearing a bright summery dress and a short denim vest on top. She looked confused, and Holly felt her discomfort through the siring. Focusing on her as she walked down the stairs, Holly grew angry. The girl's entire mind had been riddled with compulsion, to the point where everything was some blurry haze. 

The blonde looked up at Holly as she headed for the door. Looking Holly up and down, the girl faltered at the slight bump in Holly's cardigan. "You're the pregnant girl."

Holly was slightly taken aback to say the least, but she masked it coolly, "I'm Holly. You're the girl who Marcel likes, right?"

"Cami," the girl, Cami, nodded. "Your um..." she trailed off, looking over to the office doors where Klaus had sauntered out of, "I'm writing Klaus' memoirs."