VI. Red Door

"Are you sure she's breathing?"

Holly did not like babysitting. She definitely did not like babysitting a random English boy and an unconscious girl whilst simultaneously blocked from entering the house where said unconscious girl is slumped on the couch.

"Yes," the boy pulled Davina's hair back, revealing a dark gash on her forehead.

"We should get her to a hospital," Holly rubbed her forehead, slightly frustrated. Spending the night in a hospital waiting room was not her idea of a good time. 

"Or just bring her over here and give her some blood," Klaus shrugged, unfazed by Davina's injury. 

"No," the boy responded instantly. 

"I'd watch it if I were you," Klaus raised an eyebrow. 

"Oh sorry darling," the boy snarled, causing Holly's eyes to widen, "what are you gonna do? Huff and puff and blow the house down?"

"It's funny how often a person's sharp tongue can end up cutting their own throat," Klaus responded, almost instantly. The white oak stake in his hand did nothing to relieve the situation. 

"Klaus, he's a kid," Holly defended, holding her hand up to his chest, "just... ignore him or something."

"Your missus is right," the boy chuckled, "you might wanna try a bit of lavender under your pillow. Does wonders for stuck up pillocks with anger issues."

"Who even are you?!" Holly asked in disbelief.

"Kaleb," the boy replied. It wasn't particularly helpful though. 

"I said I wouldn't hurt Davina, I said nothing of this insolent sod," Klaus turned to Holly, muttering under his breath.

"Right, make sure she doesn't die," Holly pointed at Kaleb before pushing Klaus out of the doorway and down the porch, "give me the stake."

"With an attitude like that the world would be better off without him," Klaus argued. 

"Klaus!" Holly jabbed him, "give it!"

"Fine," Klaus huffed, handing it over, "he's just a kid. I could kill him with my hands."

"But you're not going to," Holly sired, as Klaus groaned. 

"You take the fun out of everything," he pouted, before realising Holly wasn't going to change her mind. "Get the car. We'll take her to the hospital."

"See? That's not too hard, is it?" Holly chuckled, walking down the steps and around the side of the cabin to where the car was. She could hear him groaning as she left, shaking her head at his insolent ways. 

Turning the corner, Holly halted as she noticed the trunk of the car open. Hadn't Klaus just put Mikael's body in there? He must have forgotten to close it. Still, a creeping sensation crawled up her spine and Holly daren't take a step close. She turned back to the cabin, about to approach Klaus and check when all the air escaped her lungs.