XX. An Unblinking Death

🤍

🤍

A few days later and tension was still thick in the compound after the party. After Marcel's little show, the peace within the Mikaelson family was destroyed. Didn't take too much to do it.

Holly, with a bag of peas strapped to her head for her concussion, was desperately trying to sleep when Elijah and Klaus decided to go for each other's throats. Elijah had killed Thierry, Marcel's spy and French Quarter intel, whilst Klaus delivered Genevieve the thieving man's hands. However, and Holly was still short on details, Marcel had blabbed about his spying.

During the peace party, Klaus had struck an alliance. A secret one at that. If the wolves signed the treaty and aligned with Klaus, then he would gift them moonlight rings, rings spelled to protect the werewolves from the werewolf curse. In doing so, he went behind Elijah's back and would give the werewolves more power than any other factor. Whilst Hayley was happy, and Holly didn't really see the problem, Elijah was furious.

And now, the two brothers were at a power play, constantly fighting and arguing and trying to sabotage each other.

So, Holly was not surprised to find the compound completely empty, par from the heavily pregnant teen. She rather enjoyed the peacefulness, the lack of politics and power plays now a luxury.

Until she was flung back down to Earth.

"Hayley," Holly greeted through the phone, licking the peanut butter off her spoon.

"Can you come down to the Bayou?" Hayley's voice was urgent, background noise flooding through the phone.

"Why? What's happened?"

"There's been an explosion," Hayley sounded breathless, "There's so many injured..."

"I'm coming," Holly grabbed Klaus' car keys, hurrying out. "Is Elijah with you?"

"Yeah," a child's screams could be heard, Holly narrowly missing her own foot as she slammed the car door shut behind her. "I'm going to go find Marcel."

"Hayley, don't do anything stupid," Holly warned, pulling out of the garage, thankful the back road had no foot traffic.

"I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch,"

"Do we know it's him?"

"Who else could it be?"

"Why don't we rule people out, maybe get a confirmation before we start the killing," Holly's heart was hammering as she sped out of the French Quarter. It's not like she'd be the one paying for the ticket.

As the connection wavered, Holly entering the Bayou, the girls hung up.

🤍

"Holly?"

Holly turned to see Elijah, covered in soot, his suit ripped in shreds.

"What are you doing here?"