"So, I accidentally heard the conversation between my mother in law and you." He crosses his left leg over his right and leans his arm on the armchair.

"Um, it's okay?" I say, more like ask. Why am I so stupid? It's not that he let me know that he heard it so I can forgive him.

Just as I thought, he throws his head back and laughs loudly, which causes me to widen my eyes and think about something to leave from here. I have been here with him for less than two minutes and I already want to get away.

"You're funny." He says, a neutral look on his face.

"Um, thanks?" I say awkwardly.

Can someone slap me before I can reply with another dumb answer of mines?

"I heard about the place where Leonardo had taken you last night." Mr. Patrick leans closer to me.

I furrow my eyebrows. "What about that place?"

"Well, Leonardo and Tamara used to go a lot there. It was their special place." He smirks and my face drops. He can't be serious... So, when I thought it was their special place I wasn't being paranoid? It was true?

"You weren't expecting that, were you?"

No, I wasn't.

"Well, what can I say?" It's the only thing that pops up in my mind to say.

Mr. Patrick leans back on his chair, scratching his chin with his fingers. "You still haven't understood, have you? My son is just using you!"

My head starts spinning. What is he talking about? Leonardo loves me, he would never do that to me. Okay maybe he brought me to their special place but that doesn't mean anything! He probably thought it had a nice view...

"There are a lot of things going on inside your mind right now, huh? Well let me simplify things to you. He is playing around with you. Tamara is the girl he is in love with. Sooner or later you'll be gone with just a snap of his fingers." He winks.

My jaw clenches, my throat feels dry. "Mr. Patrick, I don't believe a word you're saying! I only believe Leonardo. He loves me and he promised me that he wasn't going to hurt me. Whatever the problem is between you and him, please don't let it affect our relationship. Instead of convincing me that he doesn't love me, why don't you talk to him and be the father he always wanted you to be?" Yeah, I'm saying these words but I don't even know if I believe them myself.

Mr. Patrick laughs once again. "You think you're smart, huh? So, you think you can show me how a father should be like? Look at you first, you think you know my son better than me? You're wrong, stupid girl! Maybe my son loved Tamara but she came from a rich family, was well educated and a real lady. She was in our level, not a random girl like you!"

"Mr. Patrick I don't want to hear--"

"No, you'll hear me! And you'll hear me well. You think my son is going to marry you? Never! Don't keep high hopes. He is going to marry Jennifer and when he does, you'll remember my words. He is just passing time with you."

"I think I'm going to go." I quickly get up to leave but I'm interrupted by Mr. Patrick's deep voice.

"Oh, and Amelia?"

Blinking back the tears I turn my head to face him.

"Leave while you are still on time. Don't wait to get your heart broken." He smirks.

I don't say anything but quicken my pace. I walk past Mrs.Darwin who tries to stop me but I don't think I can resist for much longer in this property. I quickly get outside the mansion and when I'm about to step on the road, a car stops in my feet, making me jump in fear.