Chapter 17

It is Friday. Henry is coming to bring the portrait for approval from Shawn and I. We are in the living room waiting for him.

"So how is the painting anyways?" Shawn asks me, "you really didn't tell me what he did."

"Umm, it's a surprise," I nervously chuckle.

"Sir, the guest is here," Frankie comes in. Henry follows while carrying a frame that is covered with paper.

"Hey guys," Henry puts the frame down and smiles at us.

Shawn stands and shakes his hand. "Nice to see you again."

"I doubt it," he chuckles, "nah joking. It's nice to see you both too."

"So can we see it?" Shawn points to the frame.

"Yeah," Henry begins to rip the paper off. Then I see myself like it is a photograph. I look good. Wow. He is a great artist.

"So what you guys think?" Henry smiles.

I look at Shawn who is just starring at the portrait. He isn't showing any emotions.

"I think it's my best portrait to date. I used all possible natural light. Athena was a good model, and it reminds me o-"

Shawn interrupts him, "it's great."

I sigh, "Really? I mean, it was professional and Henry was respectful. I felt comfortable."

Shawn looks at me. "I see that. You look so beautiful."

I blush, "thanks."

Henry chuckles, "Okay. I take that as a yes, so I mail you the invitation tomorrow.  The reception is until next weekend."

I smile at him. "Thanks."

"I will buy it," Shawn says. "I'll give you $20,000 for it."

Whoa! That much for a painting of me?

"Wow. Umm, well, okay," Henry says, "sure. Thanks."

"Okay, well, I am leaving to work," Shawn kisses my cheek, "see you at dinner time sweetie."

"Bye," I smile. He walks away.

"Cool," Henry says, "at least he didn't kill me."

I roll my eyes, "shut up. He doesn't hate you."

"I painted his wife almost naked. I would want to kill me too."

I slap his arm. "Shut up." I get closer to the painting. "You did a good job."

"Thanks," he says, "is he really going to give me that much money?"

"Yep," I put emphasis on the "P".

"Awesome!"

I chuckle, "Do you want to hang out?"

"Sorry friend, I need to plan the reception for my art show. How about tomorrow or Sunday?"

"Okay, I text you later then,"

"Fine,"he smiles. I follow him to the door and say goodbye. I yell for Bonnie as I walk to the kitchen.

"Yes?" She says. She is rinsing dishes and putting them into the dish washer.

"Do you want to go eat out with me?" I ask. "I don't want to be locked up all day."

"Sure," she says. "Oh wait! Your mother called, she said to call her back."

I get the kitchen phone and dial home. It rings twice then my mom answers. "Hi?"

"Hi mom! Are you okay?"

She chuckles.  I can see a smile on her face. "Yes yes, I just missed you."

"Heh," I lean on the wall, "I miss you too."

"I just wanted to say that your father has been going to therapy and that my treatments are going very well."

"Thank goodness mom,"

"And how is Shawn?"

"He is good and busy,"

"Everything fine sweetie?"

"Yes," I smile, "Everything is fine."

"I'm glad."

....

Bonnie is walking with me around the mall. Her red boots click on the floor and her hair is loose.

"Did you just love those Jimmy Choo shoes?" She giggles.

I show her the bag, "and that's why I bought them!"

"Hey, I know they might not be my friends, but has Judith talked to you?"

"Oh yeah, we text here and there," I answer.

"How is the baby?"

"Still don't know what the sex of the baby is,"

"Aww, heh,"

"Excuse me,"

No. It's not his voice. Right?

"Excusez-moi?" Bonnie says to Royce. He is standing there with a surprised smile.

"It is you!" He chuckles, "wow, marriage does suit you huh?"

He sounds upset yet his tone is very happy.

"You know him?" Bonnie asks me. I sigh and nod once.

"Oh hey Athena's friend, I am Royce Medina, I am Athena's ex boyfriend," he smirks.